Does extended eye contact from a guy always mean the same thing no matter what age they are?

Does it always mean they find you attractive and are interested?

Is it the same meaning from a guy if they are 15 or 55?

And guys... I really was interested if it meant the same thing nomater the age

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'd say yes it means they are attracted to you and are interested. It's the same meaning for all guys. They never grow up. They just get older. :)

What Guys Said 19

• Depends. How old is the guy? And how old are you?

• There have been a lot of eye contact questions already. And I'm just asking because I have had guys of various ages staring at me. So just wondering if it meant the same thing no matter what age the guy is

• Extended eye contact means that the person is likeing what he/she sees. Kind of a form of flirting.

• You answer my question, then I'll answer yours :P

• Show Older
  • nothing against you, but I HATE questions like this... we're not all made off 1 template, just like all girls aren't. some of us look at the floor when we talk to people, some of us eyes, some of us chest. its just is, stop trying to read into it. nothing's worse then some girl trying to flirt with me because I looked at her for a few min cause she reminded me of someone, or her shirt said something and I was trying to read it (yes, sometimes we actually are trying to read what it says, if you're pants say paws off on their ass don't get bitchy about us looking, you want it.)

• Chill dude. If you don't like the question don't answer it.

• Since when did eye contact mean you find someone attractive? That's just what you do when talking to people innit?

• My question had nothing to do with talking

• My question had nothing to do with talking to people.

• Really?

Even if, say he stares at you nonestop, looks into your eyes durig convos, asks abt u?

arent they signs? or even following u?

• if I am looking at Your eye's,i like the look of Your eye's,or,breasts,tail,tummy,hair,etc...if I really,really,really like You,i run for dear life and avoid You like the plague...

• Lol

• Eye contact generally means that someone (anyone, guy or girl) is interested you in some way. It might be for a nice conversation, or they think you look nice, or they want hot steamy sex. The age of the people involved doesn't really matter. But there are certain looks, maybe an up-and-down body look, that if repeated might be more sexual. Humans aren't too clear on sexual signals, not like most other animals.

Guys do look at girls and sometimes think of sex with them. If the girl is under 18 I think it is "creepy" (can't think of a better way to say it other than putting it in quotes) for a guy more than 2-3 older to be in a relationship with her. But as you get into the 20s and 30s, age isn't so important. (I'm 37, my wife is 26, and we got together because of overwhelming mutual interests.)

And again, a look is a look, and it probably is more specific to the person than how old they are.

• Good answer

• majority rules yes any age same meaning.

• Thanks squall

• Extended eye contact from different people doesn't necessarily mean the same thing, period. I'm the kind of person who just looks people in the eyes, period--whether that means I'm interested in you, trying to figure out if I recognize you, talking to you as a friend, or waiting for you to get out of my way. It might mean the same thing, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

• i will tell you as a guy if I give that extended look I like what I see and I am intrigued.

but with older guys around the 35-55 year old range, if they are staring at a woman quite a bit younger them I think it would usually mean theyre thinking that if they were your age that they would most definately be interested...

• What happened to the realization that he's looking because he wants to. More often than not, I look when I find something/someone that's interesting to me. The statement "i'm interested in them" seems more than far-fetched for a glance/stare/etc

Which means I'll look when she is:

- Having fun

- Talking

- Laughing

- Jumping up and down expressing her dork side

- etc

~ ArtistBBoy

• Eye contact means you have our attention, but for what reason...I'm not sure.

• at 15 I was staring at anything with boobs

at 18 I was staring at anything with boobs and a pulse

at 20 I was staring at anything with nice boobs, a nice bum and a pulse

at 21 I'd just broken up with my girl and started staring at anything with boobs

at 23 I was staring at anything with nice boobs, a nice bum and a pulse was once again required

at age 24 I'm staring at anything with nice boobs, nice bum and a pulse

I even stare at people girls who have a horrible bum and horrible boobs thinking to myself 'they've got a horrible bum and horrible boobs'

Sometimes I even stare at girls thinking 'they've got really plane boobs and a real plane bum...they're so plane'

I guess the only way to find out if they're looking at you because your attractive is to walk round naked with a sign above your head saying saying-squeeze left boob if you find me attractive, squeeze right boob for unattractive, squeeze both boobs for indifferent

hope this helps

• Yes. When I like a girl I usually look at her and make eye contact.

• Absolutely not; you're inferring that one type of glance can mean the same thing across a broad range of people. Granted, most guys will want to get in the sheets with a girl at any age. Very few of them have any semantic feelings at all when they give you that connected "look", nine times out of ten we're just trying to work you one way or another.

• i always wonder about it because it happens alll the time but I'm shy so its hard for me to make the move

• Looking could mean anything from intrest too hate. However if they smile, that's a clue that they like you but its not concrete. If you like them smile back etc. because if you don't they will loose intrest!

• Yes.

• Nothing a guy does from an distance is attraction. It's interest.

Guys do watch girls they like. (fact) it's preprogramed into our instincts. (check my stories about value)

But if you don't react to it (walk over and start conversing, or ask to dance, ect) his gonna lose interest.

• No, Guys don't use eye contact to flirt. It is the worst flirting I've ever heard of! Sure a guy may look over and smile... the smile is the flirty bit, just looking over means nothing to the male gender. I really do hate this, as I make eye contact to be polite when speaking and it is seen as flirting when it really isn't. And I have the tendancy to daydream whilst staring at nothing, anyone to pass in front of me would think I'm gawking at them.

• Nah, I knew what you meant, I like adding extra... I still don't see it as flirting, generally it's nothing. If it was at all anything it would only be a guy trying to get an eyeful nothing he would actually invest time in. Any guy that turns to look isn't going for eye contact believe me.

• You got it all wrong. We weren't talking. He is usually like 15_20 feet away from me. And it keeps happening. To me. Different senrios. Same stare. He may just turn around and stare right at me.

• Nope could mean other things, curiosity, anger, interest, you are doing something to get their attention, acting silly etc, making a scene...

What Girls Said 8

• good thing I came across this, every site says that guys are interested in you if they give eye contact

the guy I like ALWAYS does when we chat, and I am not around him with others so I am not sure if its with everyone but I assumed he was just being poliete then I read all those sites and started to think maybe he did like me

good thing I saw these answers. now I know he is simply being nice

• does it mean the same thing when you do it every single time the same as when you were 15?

• Haha

• If you don't now what you do- ho do you expect other people to now what other people do?

• Idk

• no.. not exactly.. there are a number of "or" in the answer..

so all I am gonna say is maybe you resemble someone they know and they are trying to recognise.

• i think it means the same thing I mean if an old guy stares at your breast and a young guy stares at your breast it doesn't matter how old they are their still staring at your boobs

• just because a guy stares at you doesn't mean they're attracted to you. for all you know, they could be staring because you have glitter all over your face

• That' dumb

• i hope not...that would mean the already sketchy old men in my neighborhood just got creepier...

• Well, we'd need more information.

But since he's doing this from a distance, you two haven't had much verbal contact and he STILL keeps turning around and staring ... he's likely interested in you. (Unless you noticed this with many people of both genders. In which case you probably flap your arms around a lot or appear very unusual and noticeable to people lol? But that's rare.

Perhaps he heard a crazy rumour or a story about you and is trying to figure it out ?)

You should make a move, however.

To be fair, it's a bit mad that he would do this all the time lol. I guess he's what you'd call a "self-unaware" person.

• as far as I know, YES.