Can you be too ugly for love?

I'm starting to wonder about it myself. I have been rejected by every girl I've asked out, and some have even said I'm just not attractive enough for them. I know I don't need those kind of girls but it's starting to wear on me. It's not that I dress bad or I'm overweight or anything. I'm sure I... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• First, if girls are telling you that blatantly, then you might be looking in the wrong places or in the wrong girls for romance. Immaturity can drive a girl to look at surface level just the same as a guy would. Girls are not more mature contrary to what you may have thought to be true. It's an apples-to-oranges type of argument.

Second, you seem to be placing too much importance on the visual aspect of relationships. Now I understand that it's sort of hard not to. I'm a guy, I know exactly how you feel. I can't help but feel the butterflies over a gorgeous girl. But at the end of the day, she washes that makeup off her face and cleans her stinking armpits just like anyone else does. She's nothing special until she proves herself to be so, in your eyes.

I'll tell you what I've told a lot of people on here, and something that I've done for myself: quit worrying about girls. Find something in life that really brings you pleasure. Like you, I stressed over girls. I felt like I was running out of time, or that I really wanted to be special to a girl. But then I started realizing that I couldn't force that special feeling a person has for you. The only thing you CAN influence is how you see yourself. The rest of the world is out of your control. So try finding something that soothes you and really puts a smile on your face and you'll find acceptance for yourself. Once you have that, maturity, self-confidence, and a sense of self-worth should follow suit.