I'm jealous of my boyfriend's female friends and I hate it. Am I Nuts of Naive?

I know jealousy is ugly but I can't help but feel jealous when my boyfriend of six years has been making plans and hanging out with girls that I... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• I completely agree. I absolutely hated my boyfriend's very few chick friends he had, and I told him. I asked him how he would feel and he said he wouldn't care, and it turned out he cheated on me,and I figured that was the reason. Now I found a new boyfriend (we've been together for 7 months now) and he feels the same way I do. If you want opposite gender friends, both sides of the relationship, boyfriend and girlfriend, should be friends with this person. For example, my boyfriend's best friend, Travis, and I are good friends. Travis's girlfriend, Anna, was close with my boyfriend a few years ago. I told my boyfriend I didn't like that he had a chick friend, and he completely agreed that it wasn't right to have a friend that I didn't know or like. He introduced me to her and now we're friends, too.

To sum it all up, I believe that one shouldn't have opposite sex friends without it being a couple thing. If you're friends with someone, you should introduce them to your boyfriend/girlfriend and have them be friends too, so they don't feel so uncomfortable.