Dealing with a mentally abusive ex who won't go away

My ex boyfriend who I dumped several months ago keeps returning to talk and hang out. I admit it was my fault initially because I gave in to talking to him because I missed him. But in the back of my head, I know he has not changed and I have finally come to a resolute decision to stay away from... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• "I feel as though he is putting his own insecurities on me."

Yes, he is doing that. He's hurt and doesn't know how to handle gracefully. It also seems like he is experiencing grief for the loss of the relationship. He's already gone through denial and anger. He seems to currently be in the bargaining stage, trying to get you back by hanging around, telling you he misses you and such. Next is depression, and then finally acceptance. You'll probably just have to tough it out. Try to be calm and rational with him. Being emotional will only stir up his emotions.