My boyfriend called me a filthy slut, is this forgivable?

Long story short my Boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years. Every time things don't go the way he likes or he is really angry at me, he... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• You still thinking? Seems a no brainer to me. There is no way I know your whole situation, so don't expect a perfect answer. I do know this, life is too short and there are far more good people out there who would never think of being abusive.

In some ways, verbal is worst than physical abuse. Your not going to "fix" him, things are not going to get better, its been 3 years, quit wasting time on him. There are plenty non-abusive good guys. If however, you seems to always end up with such guys, there is likely an issue that you will need to look within before seeking a new partner.

From what you wrote, you seems to have been here before but somehow you bring yourself to forgive and go back. This turns things towards self abuse. You know by now to what he does, and you likely know its not going to get better, and yet you still go back. Who abusing who here?

Your clearly not happy with the situation. If your not the one abusing you, he is. He's the one hurting you, therefore, he's the one who destroyed the relationship. So why the guilt in leaving him? You have nothing to fix or reconcile. Tell him that from what he says to you, and how he treats you, that you feel he really does not love you and he needs to find a better love for himself. And move on. All breakups are painful, but usually they are for the best.

Life is too short and get someone more balanced who really loves you.