• Ask
  • myTake

My Boyfriend Hangs Out With His Friends Too Much

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 24. We've been dating for 14 months. He hangs out with his friends EVERY NIGHT. He hangs out with them until it's A.M.... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• What do you want us to say? The guy clearly has no respect for you, or cares about your feelings, he completely takes you for granted. You can't talk or reason some sense into him, not for want of trying. The real question here is why you tolerate it. Are your standards and self esteem really that low?

What Guys Said 4

• What's the point of showing him...you can change him if he doesn't want to change. Nothing we can say will change that either,.

• he won't change accept him as he is or the obvious find a better man, you have low standards, maybe raise them...

• You need to dump him. It seems like you have not much in common and he isn't interested in spending much time with you. He is very disrespectful and so are his friends. There really doesn't seem to be anything good in your situation so you should end it. If you don't end it you are going to be living a depressed life.

What Girls Said 1

• You're not wrong. It's not unreasonable for you to want attention from him, or respect from him and his friends. It's gonna be that way in marriage? I don't know either of you, so I could be wrong, but from what you've described here, I don't think you should be considering marriage, or even staying with him. Sounds like he's got a lot of growing up to do, and like he doesn't care much about your feelings. You'll find there's guys out there who will respect you and would love to spend time with you.