My boyfriend is slipping away from me - what should I do?

My boyfriend and I have only been dating for a few months but things became serious quite quickly and for the majority of our time together he has... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• He behaved a lot like my ex did. Lol, you think having a fight two months after dating is bad... try a week. I'm the type who cools off immediately after I understand where the miscommunication went wrong. My ex? COMPLETELY more emotional than I was. Not crying or anything like that, but shaken up enough that he DEF. distances himself from me, enough that I broke up with him.

You should date someone who reacts to fights better than he does and who's more understanding, and optimistic. He sounds like a really sensitive guy but not in a way that's beneficial for both of you. I was just about to say he was way too idealistic when I read a blip of Neberle's comment. He's right. I mean think about it... what does this guy do when he gets in disagreements with his friends... cut them off? Like he can't handle anybody ever being angry? Plus, I'm sure your foul mood couldn't be any worse than my temper. Then again, you did say you don't get to spend a lot of time together. So that leaves room for him to idealize you a LOT since he's not used to your mannerisms quite yet.

Chalk it up to your first fight, and if he breaks up with you move on and find somebody else 'cause it wasn't worth the effort in the first place for that minor of a deal.