Should I worry about my boyfriend talking to his ex?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 9 months. My problem is that he still talks to his ex over Facebook. I'm also sure that they still text and email each other, too, even though I don't want to go through his phone to check. He also brings her up in conversation a lot.

Every time I talk to him about it he tells me that they are just really good friends and since they were together for a long time (3 1/2 years) and lived together, they have a lot of memories together. However, I don't really see it that way. I believe that ex's are ex's for a reason... the relationship didn't work out. My boyfriend says that he believes that, too, but I don't know. I mean, I don't ever talk about my ex's even though my boyfriend asks me about them sometimes. He says that past relationships are a part of what makes us, and talking about them to each other helps us understand one another better. He does have a good point, but it still makes me uncomfortable when he talks about her and talks to her on the internet.

Should I be worried if he still talks to his ex every couple of days? Sometimes I feel like he would take her back if she asked him to. I mean he's told me so much about her that I feel like I'm reading her biography sometimes. I even know about her family. I just want to talk to him about it, but I don't exactly know how to start.

Most Helpful Girl

• going to be should b worried...not jealous worry..but he still is not over her! he loves you but there's something that makes him keep calling her..its good to forgive and move on..theres no need to keep talking every couple of days... I think you know 2 much about her..and that was his mistake... a part of him misses her and what they had. I believe you should b honest with yourself and face him...tell him that you know he's still not over her..cuz if he was you wouldn't b talking to her all the time... b honest with him...