• Ask
  • myTake

Why don't women deliver pizza?

Why don't women deliver pizza? just wondering...

Most Helpful Opinion

• Because they're the ones in the kitchen cooking it, of course.But seriously, I don't know when the last time I saw a lady delivery person. I remember it was for Domino's, but can't remember when. I guess it's just not the first place that girls go when they need a job.

• love your answer

What Guys Said 13

• I've seen a few who do, but not many. Why don't more? Safety thing I guess. When I used to work at Wendy's when I was younger, they told me only men were allowed to take the garbage out because they weren't allowed to ask a female to do any job that required exiting the building. I'm not sure if it was the law or just corporate policy.

• i've actually seen a couple out here but I think maybe women don't apply for that job that often.

• Probably because they're more prone to being clumsy.

• haha nice... seriously

• Hmm that is a good question. lol I don't think I have ever seen a woman delivering any kind of food before. I have never even noticed before.

• because.there are so many reasons if you think about it.the most obviously is their alone and delievering pizza to someone they don't know. in certain locales actually sadly in most locales they would be raped stiffed or something would happen to them.

• I've seen it happen, but usually they also pack heat. Most have a gun, a tazer, and pepper spray in some combination somewhere easily accessible on their person.

• I've...I've never thought about that. It's true, why don't women deliver pizza. Also, why are women news reporters allowed in men's locker rooms for interviews, but men news reporters aren't allowed in women's locker rooms for interviews?

• They do. I've gotten pizza delivered by women.

• There was an episode of friends where a woman did it. But that is New York and it was probably like 15 or so years ago... lol

• You forgot to mention it the fact it happened on a TV show as well. lol

• that doesn't count

• That as well. Think it had some base on reality though?

• Have you seen women drive?!?!

• Because women are bad drivers and pizza places don't want to risk it.

• i've seen female bus drivers that's obviously not the problem

• My grandfather AND GRANDMOTHER were both truckdrivers for 17 years and she never got a ticket or in an accident, however, he got quite a few tickets and 2 accidents that were both his fault. Lol, girls can too drive.

• im the guy who is applying for the pizza delivery job that I think you asked this question from. I asked my dad this question. he says its because delivering pizza is too dangerous for a woman. you CAN and might get robbed. and if your not strong enough to fight back. you won't get out 100% or even alive. so they say no to girls most of the time, because as a fact, they are the weaker sex. (WITH EXCEPTIONS)thanks for being inspired by my ? though. glad I could get you some points :D

• really good answer

• So, the answer is obvious. Have all pizza delivery people carry a .44 when making their rounds.

• lol, you need a license to hold a gun, and I don't even want to be holding one (gun) anyway. if I get robbed, I just drop everything and run

What Girls Said 12

• I never really thought about it before, because I've known a few girls who've done deliveries where I live. But in more highly populated areas, I would assume that it's as a few others have said, for safety reasons.

• I don`t know but I`m gonna apply for the pizza delivery position and if they reject me because I`m a girl then I`m going to take them to America and sue their asses...yh

• they do! I live in colorado part time and when I am there and order dominoes I have seen a few women deliverers.

• really? In cali. they don't .. I've never seen it

• I was looking for a job and saw a pizza place that was hiring..and asked what positions..the guy said "delivery" and I said OK, I can do that, and he actually told me no, that I couldn't do it. And I asked why and he said because I was a girl and he wasn't sexist, but that they only let men be delivery guys... I was a little offended, but I guess it does make sense somewhat...it's safer for men to go to strange ppl's houses...b/c they're "physically stronger"...women going to ppl's houses I guess is more risky...but I've had plenty of creepy delivery men up-n-down me with that super creepy look...so sometimes I'd even prefer it if a woman delivered to my door..i'd feel safer

• yeah.. maybe that's why.. I just noticed it too. You are right some pizza guys are super scary lol I would feel safer if a girl delivered pizza to my house but I wouldn't mind a guy doing it if he wasn't scary looking

• Yea that makes sense. I have never seen a woman deliver packages either. I had a female mail lady once. But that is it. Never UPS or Fed Ex or anything like that.

• cause something might happen to them. Some do, though. But it's more dangerous for a girl than for a guy.

• I was just thinking that. No joke, haha. I'm sure some ladies deliver pizza out there though, somewhere in this world...hahaha.

• I actually remembering seeing one delivering pizza but I don't remember which place it was from because it was quite a while ago. They are out there but I just think there's not many of them.

• good question. I've never had a woman delivery person

• I have done delivery work. I don't like people with rabid Dogs though.

• where do you live?

• UK

• I used to deliver pizza back when I worked at a pizza place. But that was a really small town where everybody knew everybody.Generally owners prefer to hire male delivery drivers because it's actually rather scary for a female to just go knocking on random doors. It's got NOTHING to do with their driving skills (at the store I worked at the female drivers actually had a better performance rate and less crashes etc than the males), it's more a safety thing.

• somefin might happen to thembut it can happen...mby they don't choose to do it...i wanna do that job hehe xD

• That's such an interesting question. I never really thought about it before hahah.I think women deliver pizza more during the daylight hours, because nighttime would be a little weird. It would make me think of a prostitute or stripper-gram even though that's totally sexist.

• haha yeah I can picture it