• Ask
  • myTake

I think my boyfriend loves me TOO much! What do I do??

I really do love my boyfriend and I don't want to break up with him, but it scares me knowing that he will never ever break up with me and that he... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm in a similar situation.. we have been together for four months.. he's my first everything yet he is 523532x more in love with me than I am with him.. he has never felt the emotions he feels for me for anyone else.. it kinda freaks me out because he tells me he wants to wife me up in the future and he never told anyone that before.. I'm nervous that my feelings for him will fade and he will just love me too much.. HE HAS TOLD ME I AM "THE ONE" .. that's kinda freaky! especially because he is my first boyfriend.. I don't know what to expect.. what I should be feeling.. how I should be reacting to these foreign situations.. I care for him a lot and I really like him.. But I am not NEARLY as infatuated by him as he is with me.. And it kind of scares me because I feel that once I feel the same feelings towards him, he will suddenly fall out of love with me because that tends to have happened in my past.. once I became ready, the guy has moved on.I guess we just have to take life as it comes.. no specific expectations except for a learning experience. Let fate run its course, and if you were meant to be.. you WILL be together, and if not, you will figure it out.. it will be figured out. everything happens for a reason. you just have to worry less and live more! :)

What Guys Said 3

• So let me get this straight. You have a guy who's devoted to you and wouldn't trade you for the world, and you're not happy with him?...Perhaps I'm better off single...

• No joke. Some woman, can't please 'em...Ha.

• No that's not what I'm saying. I love him with all my heart. But I've only been dating him for 4 months and I'm not ready to tell him "I'm never going to break up with you" and mean it. Especially when I'm in high school.

• ...Do you have ANY IDEA WHATSOEVER what a guy like me would GIVE to be in such a situation?! I mean, come on! Why are you getting cold feet over what could such a beautiful thing? It's not as though no high school relationships have ever become something more, y'know?I apologize if I come across as being angry, but seeing stuff like this happen really annoys me, as I've never had a significant other in my life, which doesn't look likely to change. Count your blessings.

• You love your boyfriend, but yet you don't want nothing serious? The next closest thing to "serious" is marriage. So, I mean, to me, and maybe majority of the rest of the population on this planet might see loving someone of the opposite sex in a relationship stand point as a serious thing. But, hey, that's just my opinion.But, then again, you're in high school. And this guy just devoted himself to the wrong woman.

• I had the same problem from the other side. loved her far too much and she broke up with me in the end, after 18 months. Now she has a new bf. I've been her 1st, she still loves me deep inside, we're still in contact through fb and she keeps giving some signs of a possible reunion, but she already loves HIM as well :))) how can I get her back?

What Girls Said 4

• Wow, I feel sorry for him. He doesn't deserve someone like you.

• Has he told you that he will never love another girl as much as he loves you? A lot of guys will say that, and they think they mean it, but it's usually not true. If you guys were to break up I'm sure he could move on eventually. When people are infatuated with each other they can't imagine ever being with anyone else. If you ever become unhappy in the relationship, don't let the fear of what he said keep you from breaking up with him.

• I agree and that's what I keep telling myself. Because one of my past boyfriends said that he would never date anyone else after I broke up with him but he got a new girlfriend a month later. But I'm 100& sure this guy means it. Sometimes he gets himself worked up over the thought of me leaving him and he starts crying and I never want to hurt him.

• Well, he could just be a very sensitive, romantic guy, and there's nothing wrong with that. As long as you're happy being with him right now, that's all that matters.

• ... oops. nothin you can do now hun. damage is done.