What does he mean he doesn't want a relationship right now?

This guy pretty much told me that he didn't want to have a relationship with me. I was a little offended at first, but I felt a little better because... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• "I don't want a relationship right now" usually means "I don't want a relationship right now". He was a nice guy for explaining himself to you; he didn't have to--I woudn't. You could take offence if you wanted to, but he's right: college is too soon to get married. Better for your relationship though if just acknowleged his feelings, and told him you wanted to be exclusive, if that's what you want.

• Yep, he sounds like a good guy as he has his emotions in check.

• So why wouldn't you be honest with a woman? You are old enough to tell people like it is. I'd thank a guy for being honest with me and if I liked him, I'd probably give it a little while before getting bored. If a guy just strung me along without even telling me, I'd get bored and start the process of getting over him. It's much better to be cruel to be kind. It's really not cruel at all.

• "It's much better to be cruel to be kind. It's really not cruel at all"

Bravo! My worst mistake, ever, was learning this the hard way.