Why do guys take hours or a day to reply back to a text?

For example, I reply to his text at around 4ish and he would reply back at 8 or something or the next day in the morning at a certain time either at 6am or 11am. but what confuses me most is when we text, he replies back within a minute or two. he uses a lot of smiley faces and what not. the second time we got together, he wouldn't stop asking me questions about guys, boyfriends, what I do, if I have a boyfriend, and that I'm cute and get all the guys, my religion, etc. he even mentioned that there's a guy checking me out and he asked if I knew him or not. he told me his schedule and he works from 9am to 2 and from 4pm to 7pm. also, he's almost 6 years older then me. any opinions are helpful thank you:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh god I know exactly what you mean.. This guy gave me his number a week ago. I texted him the day after and we were flirting with each other the whole night. Now I'm usually the one who texts him first and he'll text me for an hr then he won't bother saying bye, he'll leave me a late morning text at like 2am or sometime the next day. I gotta admit if does get pretty annoying and you might feel paranoid. You'll eventually get used to it, just know that everyone has a life. Not everyone (especially guys) will have their phone right beside them all the time unlike most girls. Just be patient and ask him to hang out if you really wanna talk to him. Good luck :)