Can I trust a married man?

Can I trust a married man who says he loves me? Dear guys, I REALLY need your male perspective on this. I recently started having an affair with a... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• He could have motives that you are aware or may not even have a clue. The attraction is easy to build. It's chemistry and we don't have control over it. Not knowing how long it has been, I will say this is lust than anything else. Love takes time to build, needs to be nurtured.

He might be telling the truth that he had never cheated before and that he loves you and his wife. It might also be true that this is not only for sex but something more. But when it comes down to it, he is less likely to throw out something he worked hard to build for a long time. There is also the comfort factor. As much as he might have caught a glimpse of excitement with you, he know that he is comfortable with what he has.

One person does not satisfy all the needs of a human being throughout his or her life so they are always on the look out. Be it sexual, emotional, fun, excitement, just friendship there are levels at which two human beings can click wonderfully. While you might click at a level to sustain the current level of your relationship with him, you are at a disadvantage of not knowing what he truly values when it comes to more than that, i.e. to sustain a marriage. I don't think anything in your relationship with him now is enough to take it to the next level.

To answer the question, sure you can trust a married man when he says he loves you. But I think you should be asking yourself if you are strong enough to cut your losses and move on. If you don't, you will be losing a whole lot of time hoping to be with him without his wife in the picture one day and then even more time to get over him and more time to heal your broken heart. If something is too good to be true, it is rarely true.