Can I trust a married man?

Can I trust a married man who says he loves me?

Dear guys,

I REALLY need your male perspective on this.

I recently started having an affair with a married man when he was over visiting from another country. (Now before you brand me a whore, I have NEVER does anything this before and in fact, haven't been with any man since I broke up with my last boyfriend several years ago.) Both quite magically we both fell into it very unexpectedly and by both of our admissions, had four of the most wonderful days of our lives. Since he left a month ago, he has written me daily, called me weekly, saying how much I mean to him, how much he loves me and that he can't wait to see me again. He even cried the night we parted and has welled up a couple times on the phone when we go to say goodbye. And yet, he has also said he has never been unfaithful before, can't leave his family and loves his wife, often on the heels of making reference to the incredible bond and connection we feel and 'prays' for the day when we can get together again soon.

However, when I have suggested more than once my visiting his country next year or even us meeting in another more neutral location, I find his responses lukewarm - using words like 'maybe', 'possibly' and 'one day.' And yet he constantly peppers his emails with words like "I can't bear to lose you" "I am yours forever" and "I can't wait to see you again."

So I am confused. If there is no future for us as a couple and he isn't jumping at a chance to meet, what does he want from me? I would have assumed this guy is a Class A player but then why write, why call if all he was out for was sex - which he could certainly get a heckuva lot closer to home. And with 8 hours flying time between us, I can't imagine he's lying about everything he has said when he isn't even guaranteed we will even see each other again.

So I guess I am wondering (a) if he really means what he says in regards to me and (b) what he wants from me?

Please help.

Thanks so much.

Lost in love.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• He could have motives that you are aware or may not even have a clue. The attraction is easy to build. It's chemistry and we don't have control over it. Not knowing how long it has been, I will say this is lust than anything else. Love takes time to build, needs to be nurtured.

He might be telling the truth that he had never cheated before and that he loves you and his wife. It might also be true that this is not only for sex but something more. But when it comes down to it, he is less likely to throw out something he worked hard to build for a long time. There is also the comfort factor. As much as he might have caught a glimpse of excitement with you, he know that he is comfortable with what he has.

One person does not satisfy all the needs of a human being throughout his or her life so they are always on the look out. Be it sexual, emotional, fun, excitement, just friendship there are levels at which two human beings can click wonderfully. While you might click at a level to sustain the current level of your relationship with him, you are at a disadvantage of not knowing what he truly values when it comes to more than that, i.e. to sustain a marriage. I don't think anything in your relationship with him now is enough to take it to the next level.

To answer the question, sure you can trust a married man when he says he loves you. But I think you should be asking yourself if you are strong enough to cut your losses and move on. If you don't, you will be losing a whole lot of time hoping to be with him without his wife in the picture one day and then even more time to get over him and more time to heal your broken heart. If something is too good to be true, it is rarely true.

What Guys Said 2

.IF YOU REALLY WANT TO FIX YOUR RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM OR OTHER THING IN YOUR LIFE THAT IS SPINNING OUT OF HAND, MY ADVICE IS TO SEARCH FOR THIS SPELL CASTER ONLINE NAMED MUTTON OSUN THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO.YOU CAN EITHER TO CONTACT HIM ON HIS EMAIL godsofosunx@rocketmail.com OR NOT.THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY*

• both of you are crazy, you live in different countries.

• Thanks cool guy and I agree - but that doesn't really answer my question :)

What Girls Said 7

• Well, I can now confirm that I have now moved in with my partner and he has committed to the relationship and I can't thank prophet harry enough for changing my life. I am totally amazed and so happy that he has been able to do this for me, it took little time, however prophetharry@ymail.com has constantly been there for reassurance, however, you must follow and listen to everything he says, as it is very important to follow guidance and instructions but IT WORKS and I am living proof, I can't thank him enough.

• i and my ex has been back together for weeks now, all down to the work prophetharry did for me, my ex was a stubbon devil, and it took a while, but he came back to me, I even got roses last week from him, totally unheard of before the spell work! Many, many thanks prophetharry@ymail.com

Aliceswich.

• i don't know how old this post is but don't believe what he tells you :( I fell for the same thing.i have been seeing my married guy for 10 months and he would always tell me he loves me that we are soul mates and no one has made him feel the way I do.he recently told me (in a brief 4 weeks with no warning) that he is unable to make a decision and to move on with my life as I am 'too beautiful' to sit waiting.and than just today he told me he realized his not in love with me the way that I am with him..so don't hold your breathe as you may be disappointed :(

• You are not crazy! I understand Try visiting his country and then call him to let him know you are there and see what will happen if he does not show up or acts funny he is up to something other than being married, He never talk about leaving his wife. It sounds like he loves his family, and he loves spending time with you you are giving him something his wife can not give or he may be just tired of her. If he acts weird may he sleeping around on you as well he is on his wife. You have to do some investigation.

• Looks like its time for me to tell you the reality.Reality is that he does not love you.How come someone can love you when he has just met you for a such short period?He could be a smuggler or Pimp who knows? Have you seen that TV program locked up abroad.

Well my intention is not to scare you.My point is very simple that he is MARRIED and he knows that you like him and you are ready to sleep with him so he knows that he can play with you in a safe way because you both live in different places.

• Thanks evette. Not a bad idea. I do have the opportunity to go and stay with friends there but not until May. He had suggested once we meet in Europe and asked if I would be willing to meet her there (I said yes) but he has not mentioned it again. After bringing up the topic of getting together a few times now, I told him over the weekend that I wouldn't instigate the subject again. If he wanted us to get together, he's have to a propose a place and time. Guess we'll see what happens...:)