Do guys sometimes try to hide that they have feelings for a girl to there friends?

I like this guy, but when we talk alone he is nicer then when there are people around. Also, he ignores me a lot when there are his friends around. It confuses me why he does this, Does he just hate me and want to ignore me?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It would depend on the specifics of the situation but the odds are he's suffering from the "macho ego" syndrome. It doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't like you, but a lot of times, especially in younger guys, they can be afraid of expressing affection of any kind in fear of appearing "weak" in front of their friends. I know that when I was younger if I ever said "I love you" or any similar expression of affection to a girlfriend in ear shot of my male friends I'd get laughter and chiding afterwards. If it bothers you then talk to him about it. Maybe he's just proud. or maybe he's a jerk. I dunno. Good luck sorting that one out.

• Well there's no age cap on maturity, I'd still say it's either this or he's just not realizing what he's doing, or he's just a jerk. If it bothers you, talk to him about it. That's the only way anything has the possibility of changing. If you never talk to him about it and just sit and sulk... well, he's not going to get the hint, and you're going t be unhappy.

• See, he is around 4-5 years older than me.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd be willing to bed that he doesn't hate you. I would mention it to him. He might not even realize he is doing it himself. When he is with his friends he is used to hanging out with them and they are used to him giving them his full attention. If he started paying attention to you, they would give him a lot of crap whether he likes you or not. Just tell him that you don't like how he ignores you around his friends.

• no he likes you, why else would he give you the time of day.he just doesn't know how to show it. everybody different jujst go with the flow and don't stress off of one guy.then he might show you a little more respect.aight?

• its actually a common thing with guys but the question is do you want to deal with it? a lot of times when it comes to the guys friends in relationships (espcially if the friends are single being players and all) hedoesnt want to be mad fun of in front of his friends they'll tease him, call him pu**y whipped and its a bit below the belt to a guys ego so he has to make himself look good and act like he doesn't care I don't think its anything about hate or not wanting to talk to you but maybe you should find a guy that is a little more secure with himself.you don't have to put up with it.

What Girls Said 3

• I DONT BELIEVE HE WANTS TO IGNORE YOU, HE STILL LIKES YOU, BUT LIKE THEY ARE SAYING HE IS PUTTING ON A FRONT IN FRONT OF HIS FRIENDS. SO THEY WONT TALK ABOUT HIM!

• Well if you really really like him go ahead my past experience was a lot similar to yours except every time we saw each other and I would come talk to him he wouldn't look interested but he told me he was. basically it almost leaded me to chasing after him because of his ego. I didn't chase after him and now that I started to ignore him he has paid attention to me. If you really really want to pursue him go right ahead but if he keep ignoring you or acting funny around his friends then you should just leave him alone and give him some space.

• Hes putting on a front in front of his friends. if he is not comfortable talking to you around his friends then just forget about him unless he changes. but other than that you should leave him alone trust me I know.

• Just a quick question for you,why do you think I should leave him alone? I just really, really, really like him and it bugs me that he does this. I just don't know what I should do.May I ask how come you think that I should leave him alone and your own experience?