Do guys sometimes try to hide that they have feelings for a girl to there friends?

I like this guy, but when we talk alone he is nicer then when there are people around. Also, he ignores me a lot when there are his friends... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• It would depend on the specifics of the situation but the odds are he's suffering from the "macho ego" syndrome. It doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't like you, but a lot of times, especially in younger guys, they can be afraid of expressing affection of any kind in fear of appearing "weak" in front of their friends. I know that when I was younger if I ever said "I love you" or any similar expression of affection to a girlfriend in ear shot of my male friends I'd get laughter and chiding afterwards. If it bothers you then talk to him about it. Maybe he's just proud. or maybe he's a jerk. I dunno. Good luck sorting that one out.

• See, he is around 4-5 years older than me.

• Well there's no age cap on maturity, I'd still say it's either this or he's just not realizing what he's doing, or he's just a jerk. If it bothers you, talk to him about it. That's the only way anything has the possibility of changing. If you never talk to him about it and just sit and sulk... well, he's not going to get the hint, and you're going t be unhappy.