He's 13 years older than me?

I met this cute guy but he's 13 years older than me is that to much time difference? I'm 20 and he's 33

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't age as much as experience than could make this work or cause you problems.

At 20 you are still in the mode of deciding what you want your life to look like. You are ready to experience life as an adult.

At 33, we have been there, done that. We just feel more sorted about what we want and what we think life will be for us.

My fiance and I have an age difference as well, though I am older. He is in his 30's so he has a lot of life experience and has his children and in many ways we are on the same page about life. However, in some big ways we are not. I have an established career and financial freedom he does not. He is just starting his own business and he is struggling financially and he is very traditional and has no interest in having me pay his way. For us the main problem that has caused is me wanting to help out in some ways, financially, that he just cannot accept. That means I have to stand back at times I wish I could just step in. What gets us through this is respect and maturity in understanding what is really important.

So, look more at your life goals and where you each are at with them. That is something that will take some time to really see, more like when the honeymoon phase of your dating is over. Oh, and be careful of older guys who just see a young gal as sexually interesting and think they can dominate you and push you around. As long as he respects your wishes and doesn't pull the "I'm older and know better" card on you, you will be fine.