Boyfriend hasn't said "I love you"... does he love me?

We've been together for a year and he has only said he "really likes me". He's a shy guy and typically doesn't express his emotions well, however, I... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• He could just be scared. My boyfriend, who I have been with for a little over a year..still hasn't said "I love you"..but, I am not going to push it. He has loved one girl in his whole life..But, she cheated on him and hurt him really bad. So, my guess with my boyfriend and your boyfriend, is that they are afraid of loving another person..and want to make sure that you will not hurt him like he was hurt before...for example, just breaking up with him..or cheating...and etc. I think he does love you...but, he may be scared to say it yet. He may also get his moments where he withdraws himself...I know my boyfriend does. I think its his way of protecting himself. He feels these feelings that he loves, and gets scared..so he backs off. I am not sure if your boyfriend does this..but if he does..it might be the same situation as mine. My boyfriend dated his last girlfriend for 2 years! And still didn't tell her that he loved her! I guess some people just need time...Good luck.

P.S- I wouldn't push it though, for him to say it. And, it might help, if you casually say it to him.

• I think you might be right

• If I am..he will come around. It may take some time...but he will :-)

• sry to interfere with that question, but I couldn't help it when I read your comment, I am in the same situation exactly with my b.f, he had an ex g.f , she was the only girl he loved..and she cheated on him..

my question here is how do you treat your b.f? I mean you say you dnt push him to say he loves u.. so how do you deal with him to ensure he's moving on..n not just taking you for granted..and how do you find the patience in doing so?