Why do the prettiest girls call themselves 'ugly'?

I personally have never seen ANY ugly girl. NONE. I have seen beautiful girls with zero confidence, who have completely given up hopes on being fit and maintaining themselves because someone told them they are not good looking enough. And it turns me off beyond heck. Because regardless how much you try, they insist that they are 'not pretty at all'. WTH

And then, I see confident girls who are not any different, but are passionately obsessed with themselves (in a good way) and are living life to the fullest because they value themselves, they feel pretty and are recognized in the same manner.

Is it some emotional/psychological disorder that is more common within women? Is it because of competition? Do you feel this way? Have you ever known anyone who felt this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its a combination of things. Society really doesn't make anything easy on women. Women have the higher expectation to maintain looks and tend to be more valued based on looks. Women also get more criticized when it comes to the body. Hollywood is a good example of this. Men don't have to be super hot to get lead roles, but women tend to have to.