He always says he thinks I don't love him, but I can't think of another way to convince him that I do. Can someone give me some advice on my boyfriend's behavior?

My boyfriend and I have been together a year now, and recently he has been sending me some very mixed signals. He tells me that he wants to marry me... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say that he's probably got some issues that he's working on that you don't know about at the time. You should find a time where he's receptive, and ask him about these seemingly depressive times. See if you can get him to think of you as someone to confide in, instead of someone to avoid when he feels this way.

As for showing him that you love him without saying it, nothing could be easier/harder. The truth is, you have to be observant of his likes/dislikes, every day wants and needs. You can do a lot that shows you really care without ever saying it, and then saying it will mean so much more. If he's a basket ball fan, throw a finals party. If he's had a tough day at work, fix him a drink, a nice meal, keep it quite (unless he wants to talk) and do all the work in bed that night (unless he's up for taking charge). These are only a couple of suggestions, but you can figure out a million different ways to make your time together a respite for him, instead of another battlefield in his day. One thing though, You should be getting a lot of the same treatment from him. If this is a one way relationship, I would caution you to ensure he actually is doing his part in the caring department.