What information should you share with your new boyfriend/girlfriend about your past relationships?

When you start a new relationship, how much information do you share about your past relationships? And what would you consider to be too much?

I feel its important to let the new person know how an old relationship impacts your current relationship (ex. you want to take things slow because you had a bad experience in the past). But I don't feel the need to know any more then that, I just don't like to think about them with someone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with what you say about a previous relationship, I would want to know if she is carrying any baggage. Apart from that I think its best not to say anything, there's no need.. Your starting a new relationship, not bringing stuff from the past into it, which in the end causes probably more jealousy and awkwardness than what its worth.