• Ask
  • myTake

At what age/s do you think people should slow down on the partying?

There is nothing wrong with going out from time to time in my eyes no matter what age you are, but what needs to be the cut off age when it comes to going out during the week nights and weekends? I think that if you're married you should spend more alone time with your significant other than the combined group time. Whether it's just going to bars to eat several nights a week and drinking multiple beers/drink OR even going to clubs...what age should you start slowing it down by? Does the age make a difference if you're married or not? Explain please :-)

This question has a poll!

• Vote A Once you turn 25 you need to slow it down (single)
  • Vote B Once you turn 25 you need to slow it down (married)
  • Vote C Once you turn 30 you need to slow it down (single)
  • Vote D Once you turn 30 you need to slow it down (married)
  • Vote E I have a different answer...
I mainly asked because I'm 27 and I'm just not really up for all of that as much anymore and it could be depression or it could just be that I'm getting older and want to settle down even though I will still want to go out from time to time and even take my husband with me. I never want to be a boring couple lol I'd want to be the old couple dancing somewhere but I have a friend who NEVER spends alone time with her husband and is 25 almost 26. It's almost always group time at restaurant bars!
I'm single though and feel like I should be going more than my married friend...

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I don't think there is a specific age.I think you should slow down when you have people who are dependent upon you. If you are completely independent and doing your own thing, I don't see why you should have to slow down at all. Just enjoy yourself :)

• When legs ain't working ;)

• Show Older
    • Thanks for BA :)

• You're welcome! :-)

What Guys Said 7

• probably 30

• Like 25.

• When people have kids or get tired really early, they should stop partying. If it takes them a week to recover from a party, that's a sign as well.

• I say around 25 single or married

• I think that whether someone parties or not depends on the person.Age doesn't matter so much. Sure, as a general rule - the older you are , the less likely you are to party, but there are still some old guys and girls that have plenty of energy and love a good time/party.Being married will slow most people down (they won't go out as much, to parties, etc.) but there are those couples that will be party central!So, yes - age and marriage do make a difference for most of us, but some still manage to be old and have kids AND party.

• I mainly asked because I'm 27 and I'm just not really up for all of that as much anymore and it could be depression or it could just be that I'm getting older and want to settle down even though I will still want to go out from time to time and even take my husband with me. I never want to be a boring couple lol I'd want to be the old couple dancing somewhere but I have a friend who NEVER spends alone time with her husband and is 25 almost 26. It's almost always group time at restaurant bars!

• Yeah - that could just be their relationship? lol. Yeah - not the ideal relationship - not spending heaps of quality time with significant other , but maybe that's how they've been most of the time? Only now, it's sorta hitting home a bit more with mates like yourself ;).

• I meant option A. But, if by "partying" you mean basically living in clubs and getting hammered beyond recollection the day after, yeah by my age (24) that should definitely be slowed down. However, I think up until your 40s you can still go to bars and grab a drink and maybe even a club (depending on the club?). That is of course if you're single. If you're not, then you're still not too old but you should go with your spouse unless she's not able to or its a girls/guys night out type of thing.

• I stopped when I was 25, I still go occasionally, but hanging out at bars gets boring. Everything that could possibly happen to a person at a bar/club has prob happened to me. I've really slowed it down, I met a lot of girls over that time when I was going hard, and I got plenty of girls to keep my busy. You sort of outgrow the whole club scene after a while.

What Girls Said 3

• I answered E. because I think that people should stop going as often to bars and partying when they have kids and have other pressing responsibilities. I have nothing against the 40-90 somethings enjoying themselves and reliving their youth, that's their choice.

• I agree!...unlike one of my friends that I'm not really speaking to at the moment...she has a 3 year old son and shares custody with her ex husband but she goes out all of the time whether she has him or not and will take him to the restaurant bars OR at the beach she stayed drunk along with everyone else and had him and that is just irresponsible in my eyes and she's 34! I guess some women don't mature until they're older either...

• I say once your out of college...

• There's no specific age, but I'd prefer that if we got married the partying would end =\I just think most guys go partying to meet girls and stuff so that wouldn't be too good of a sign if he kept going. Going out to a nice bar and having a drink is fine, but not clubbing.