What does he mean when he says "I'm not relationship material"?

I met this guy at work 4 years ago, we message each other every day, he started this and started sending me "hugs" for example "morning hugs! :D... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• i have used this line before...in this case however, I think he really likes you. he likes you enough to let you know up front that it would never work...why would it never work? well it has nothing to do with how much he likes you or anything like that. The guy is not relationship material. what does that mean? it means he has trouble with one of the main focal points of a relationship...be it, communication, loyalty, honesty, emotional availablility...it has nothing to do with you, or another person in his life. he is this certain way for whatever reason, and while I'm assuming he could change whatever his flaw may be, he knows that at least for right now he is struggling in an area. an area big enough to effect a relationship in a neg way, no matter who its with...

I have issues like this. I don't let myself love someone. that simple...why? idk, but until I learn I won't have a gf...doesn't matter how pretty, hott, succesful...if I can't love someone, it will fail every time.