I love my boyfriend but I feel neglected and hurt. What should I do?

He spends a lot of times with friends and games and I feel neglected and hurt. Then when we finally get alone time all he talks about is his friends and games or we're having sex. We've been together since junior high school on and off but...we've been steady for more than a year.

Does he not love me anymore? I tell him all the time that I need more attention from him because it's hurting me but he doesn't change and he just gets annoyed at me. Can someone tell me what to do? I'm really confused because I love him but I don't want to feel this way. Can he change or do I have to change?

PS. we've been together since junior high so it's been about 5 years. Which is pretty amazing considering we're not 18 yet so I don't know if I want to just leave him. I know that guys are still immature at this age and I really do love him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I think it's a good thing when couples have a life outside each other. Hopefully you still hang out with your girlfriends and pursue your own interests as well.

At any rate, I think you're going to have to be very specific when you talk to him about how you're feeling. On some level he probably thinks he's giving you adequate attention since you're having sex. I think it's easy for guys to relate the two, so don't be naive and think "he should know what I what without me having to say it". Sometimes you really do have to spell it out! Of course if you guys can't reach a compromise it may be time to reevaluate, say thanks for the memories and move on :)