Girlfriend wants space

I've been dating my girlfriend for just over 3 years. She lives overseas and we spent the first year together and the last six months in the same city.

About 10 months ago, she first asked me for space because she had exams and I didn't give it to her. Then in August, she told me she wasn't IN love with me, etc etc and needed space. I didn't really really give it to her, and we ended up okay, and all was fine.

Just the other day she suggested a break/space and since then I have decided to give it to here. Not spoken in 6 days, and am completely heartbroken. Her reason was that she says she has neglected her self, goals and priorities over the last while and needs some space away for now.

What should I do? Is it over?

Most Helpful Girl

• As a girl I can completely understand he need for space, some people just need room to breathe, to enjoy doing things alone and for themselves. And I don't want to criticize you but you probably should have given it to her when she first brought it up.

However, I will say that the fact she didn't break up with you all the times before when she asked for space and you didn't give it to her is probably a sign that she does want to be with you and is giving up her space to continue the relationship.

So the best thing for you to do now is keep doing what your doing and give her that space. Once she's done what she needed to do she will start to miss you and get back in touch. Just be patient and keep yourself busy in the mean time.

Good Luck