When he says he loves me does he really mean it?

My ex and I were on and off for over a good year and a few months. Right now we're not together. The last time we broke up we really thought we were... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm in a similar situation. My ex and I were together for 3 years but broke up because, well honestly he doesn't know what he wants in life (his mom even told me this) and it just wasn't working anymore. Other girls were never the problem but we've had other problems since breaking up. Basically I know he stills "loves" me. Or cares about me. But we're not in love anymore. It's weird I know haha. But I think you really need to just move on. He should love you for who you are. He's stringing you along in case in doesn't work out with these "perfect" girls. He's rubbing it in your face. He knows he can manipulate you and knows which buttons to push. Don't give him the satisfaction. Take a step back and don't let him do this to you. Once he realizes he doesn't have that control over you he will wonder what's up and ultimately will try to "win" you back. You need to decide if he's really worth it. He might just be worth having around as a friend. I'm not saying you can't still care about him, just don't let him push you around like this, and don't make yourself so available to him. This is a vicious cycle.