My boyfriend calls me horrible names

im 17 and he is 19 For some reason he's been getting progressively meaner and meaner to me. and he tries to control me too much. once we go into an... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Without knowing him or you, it's difficult to give you any exact reasons. However, a few red flags.

First off, if it was just *once* that he did this, it *might* be explainable (but not necessarily acceptable). He could have just been having a bad day. However, I don't think this is the issue. He could just be a jerk and have been keeping it hidden in order to woo you. I think this scenario is a bit more likely.

But what I think it really boils down to is the *control* aspect. I think he's always been very controlling, but taking his time in order to try and control you (or figure out how to do it effectively) and realizing you're not easily controlled. He therefore is resorting to more punitive and mean measures. My guess is he views you little more than property or a pet that needs to obey its master. Otherwise he'd be treating you a bit better.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think so. Reason is, I find the name calling as such inexcusable. I think it's him showing his true colors, and he *will* resort to that in the future, or worse. :S And whatever he says, it's *not* your fault.