• Ask
  • myTake

Do guys like it when girls are straight forward?

So I'm thinking about telling the boy I like how I feel. Just a simple I like you and its fine if you don't feel the same way. I want to know if this is a smart idea? Do guys like it when girls are this straight forward?My relationship with this kid is that we're good friends but its obvious that there was something going on for awhile at some point. I can't seem to let him go and I want him to know. But please stop me if this is wrong lol

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Let him know. Never assume subtlety works because guys are f***ing clueless. Just put it out there and hope for the best. Even if it doesn't turn out how you'd like its oddly empowering to do that.

• Would just sending him a text saying how I feel work?

• Nope. talk to him about it in person, but privately. Those kind of things deserve a more personal approach.

What Guys Said 5

• i definetley do

• absolutely

• The replies by @kinkynconfused and @astrochicken are IMO absolutely right for your situation. (Guys do like it straight out). The only thing I'd add is to not rush it in that the first time you see him blurt something out. Even though you have to wait a few days, choose the moment for maximum effect. Hope it works out.Possibly you could do the tried and tested route of using a mutual friend to 'confide' in him that you really really like him. Sometimes best when he's shy... But if you choose this route don't expect him to believe it and immediately approach you. Talk to him!

• hell yea tell him, I wish more girls were straight forward, the guessing game can keep a guy like me (shy) from acting on feelings, if you come out an tell him you like him, and he likes you, then you just made his life a lot easier. and what do you really got to lose, you won't lose him as a friend, unless YOU choose that

• Yeah! That's the only thing I'm really worried about, is us not being friends anymore. And if in the end, we stop being friends, it just shows what kind of relationship we really had. But I'm very glad you wrote this. Because he is a shy guy aswell.

• it's okay if you tell him but if you don't want to you can always coerce him. I assume you're already acting like a couple so maybe escalate a bit. Lie your head in his shoulder, wrap your hands around his arm, etc. He'll take the hint.

• No. we arent

What Girls Said 3

• from my experience, Yes

• i think you should go for it, but you need to prepare your self that he might not feel the same way towards you.

• I know, I'm going in not expecting anything! :)

• yeah, that way if he says no you've already come to terms with it. And if he says yes, then it will be extra exciting:)

• If you have a clear indicator that the feelings between you two are mutual then go for it. However, as flattered as most guys will be to hear a girl likes them, most guys (not all), don't like when girls go after them...I learned the hard way. I don't want you to get discouraged because it didn't work out for me, but please consider who this guy is and if all is well, go for it.