Why do I only attract older men?

I'm 33 and I get hit on and asked out by men in their mid-40's and older. Even in my late teens and early 20's, not a single guy close to my age ever asked me out or showed interest in me. In a way, I'm flattered 'cause most of these older men are successful professional, good-looking, decent men. But the age thing really bothers me. What is it about me that I can't attract guys my age or close to my age?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It's interesting. I think you're now at an age when guys are typically looking for girls a fair bit younger. I'm a few years older than you, for example, by my girlfriend is 27. So it's not surprising that this is happening now. It is a bit more surprising that guys your age weren't interested in you in your teens and 20s. They probably were but you just noticed the older guys more since they may have been more direct.

What Guys Said 5

• Perhaps you intimidate those around your age? And most women in their early 20's aren't with someone around their age anyways.

• Maybe guys your age don't feel like they have a chance with you because you come across as too mature?

• If you want someone younger ;)

• Women best age for dating is like 23. As they get older the attention from men drops significantly. Men who think about a long term relationship want to keep children as a possibility but not as an immediate requirement. Men are going to think the best odds are with a woman below 30. Plus, women like men older than themselves so a guy will think he has a good chance to attract a girl younger than himself.

• I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you are old now. Most guys in your age well approach women in their late 20's. So, either you go for these men or stay single.

What Girls Said 3

• it happens to me too. I'm 20 and I get hit on by men ranging from 30-55. then again I'm around guys that age more often than my own. at first I tried to take it as a compliment but when I realized they really just want my young body, don't care about getting to know me and would be socially embarrassed for showing interest in such a young girl, I started resenting it a bit

• Do you make eye contact with older men a lot?

• I'm 20 and only attract men in their late 30's. Currently I'm in a relationship with a 40 year old. Older men are so much better!