Why does my best friend act like she doesn't even care about my feelings?

I broke up with my ex boyfriend a couple months ago. Now when I'm trying to move on and forget him my best friend is talking to my ex boyfriends brother and his friends. She is always talking to them and telling me everything they say sometimes she will even ask me to hang out with them and it makes me feel really bad and like she's shoving it in my face. I'm just afraid that she will text my ex boyfriend and start talking to him. I don't know what to do and if I should say something to her. Please help me!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i agree with one of the answer,tell your friend hey girl I don't really like you talking to my ex because I feel jealous..if she is indeed your bestfriend and feel the same towards you she would know the boundery but if she is back stubbing bff then she's up for no good..a bestfriend someone you could say stuff openly and not worry you're going to hurt them,thast how bestfriends are thru thick and thin and would never leave your side whatever reason there is..im just happy I have that type of friends aound me,if my ex is no good,they think he'd be no good for them..if she's just talking to your exes friends its fine she probably like one of them but if she start talking to your ex the other way around then she's a total no no bff..be honest to her of your feelings..like it happend to me one time,i have this close girl that my ex was attrated to even when we were still dating,this girl was nice enough to ask me if its ok if she would try and go out with my ex since she like him,you have no control on others feeling ya know as long as you know that then you're good..and yeh so I said ya know what I kind of still has feeling for him so can you wait til I'm over him already?and she so nice enough to say ok and she did..once I said ok you go girl and yeh it turned out good for both of us it actually made good thing for me and this ex to be friends again without nomore emotional attachments

What Guys Said 2

• it sounds like she likes your ex, if the guy is smart, he'll go against the "dont date the friend of the ex" ruleand she's rubbing it in your face, making you regret what you did?/he did? (I dk who broke up with who)the best way to handle it is just to talk to all of them, and see what they say, if theyre telling you different stories, one of them is lying, I'm talking about talking to the ex, talking to his friends, and talking to your friend that your talking about herebut if theyre telling you the same thing i.e. 2/3 or 3/3 of the groups, then you should just tell your friend how you feel etc...hope this helps

• He doesn't want you to think he's a wimp

What Girls Said 10

• I think it's important you tell her how you feel.Everyone deals with things in different ways ands she may not realise what effect her actions are having on you. It's important to be honest with her - but not dictate to her what she should do. Just tell her you're not yet comfortable with talking or hanging out with your ex or his family and that you don't mind her hanging round with them - but ask her not to involve you.

• Tell her how you feel and ask her not to talk about your ex boyfriends family. The thing is, it will get easier once you get over your ex. Not only that, but best friends talk about a lot of things. I suppose she figured it wouldn't be a big deal if she spoke to his brother. As hard as it is, be aware she may be offended when you tell her you would like her to censor what she talks about around you. Honesty is the best policy so hopefully she will be sympathetic.

• hmm... tell her you feel this way and if she is your true best friend then she will stop. or at least not tell you about them.

• jealousy but want to start shopping for a new friend girl becareful with this one sound like she might even have to hotts for your ex...

• maybe she wants you to understand that she wants to date your exboyfriend and the get your blessing

• I went through this same problem. I broke up with this guy because he cheated on me. When I needed someone to go to, my best friend told me to just get over it. Instead of helping me with my problem she would go and hang out with him and some of our other friends. I told my friend how I felt and she didn't seemed bothered by it and kept hanging out with them and talking to them. I realized she wasn't that good of a friend to me if she didn't care what I felt, and how what she did affected me. Thankfully I had other close friends who did help me out. It honestly seems like you friend likes your ex.

• Have you told your best friend all of this? If you haven't then YES talk to her and tell her how you want her to respect your feelings about your ex. It's not fair for you to expect her to care about your feelings if you haven't told her how you feel about the way she is acting. If you have told her, and she still goes on like this, maybe you need to find someone more trust worthy to confide in. I know it seems harsh to think about losing a boyfriend and your best girl friend too but if she doesn't change the way she is acting after you talk to her then she isn't much of a friend. You need support and you need to be able to confide in someone without fear that they will tell everyone about it. True friends care about your feelings. True friends can keep secrets.

• Let put it in this way. She is your best friend then why can't you tell her what you upset about. If she think you are her best friend too then she will stop. And if she does text and talk to your ex boyfriend then I think you should think about this kind of best friend. Because best friend never betray best friend.

• i think ur bestfriend is trying to make you mad and maybe test ur friendship to see if ud get mad, jus act like it doesn't bother you and keep ur head up! goodluck:)

• it might jjust be her personality. if she's never had a boyfriend she might not be able to relate.