Why is my boyfriend not excited about our anniversary?

OK, fair warning, this is probably gonna be a bit long, to whoever reads it, thank you in advance :) Tomorrow is our 2 year anniversary. We are happy together, we have a nice stable relationship and we love each other. that much I know for sure. He loves me. No doubt about it. I get that men aren't as emotional as women and don't get that excited about stuff, and my boyfriend is generally the logical, cold hard math, practical kind of guy. I consider that just a part of his manliness. However, we're discussing what we should do for our anniversary tomorrow. We are officially celebrating next weekend, when we both have enough time and can make it really special. but I wanted to see him tomorrow on the day itself, cause it's the freaking day itself! We can't not see each other on the day, we've always given it a lot of meaning and have noted it on the calendar each month... But now, he just got back from holiday vacation with his parents and he has school tomorrow morning. So I asked him if we can see each other after he finishes school. He said he has to go to the gym, cause he hasn't been in 5 days. I asked him if he could at least finish quickly, he said he need 2h 30min, I asked again and he said that's the reduced version. Throughout the whole conversation, it seems like he couldn't care less tomorrow's our anniversary...This is making me really upset, he's not an ass. He's never givem anything much enthusiasm, but tomorrow's our anniversary and he says he loves me. I don't get why he's beeing such a deuche. I feel like his priorities are : 1. School2. Gym3. Me :(He doesn't usually like celebrations that much.. but it's very important for me, I want to celebrate. I get the kind of guy he is, I love him the way he is... but is it really that much to ask for, for him to be a little more enthusiastic for our anniversary :( ?I'm getting really upset XD I know it doesn't seem like much, but I just feel really bad about this... If someone could give me some kind of closure, or explain why my boyfriend might be acting like a jerk it would be nice, cause I just can't stop thinking negative right now :/

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I get very excited about competition, my girlfriend doesn't care so much as she gets excited to do something "fun" and with friends.Anniversaries to guys is about as fun as St. patricks, cinco de mayo or some other holiday that is about "just doing something that day." Guys know it's important to girls, so he feels like "okay, I've made plans with her and she is happy with the plans we've made. So.. it's a thing to do off the check list, not so much excitement on our end. He'll go tomorrow and have a fun but it's just not as important to men. Sort of like a girl getting T1tty fuked by a guy... you know we like but in the end.. it's just a slow rug burn between the boobs.He's probably just had a long vacation that he barely wanted to be on and wants to work off some boredom by getting his body back in shape then he'll want to sleep. Look forward to tomorrow, it'll be fun.

• I guess you're right. I know I really shouldn't worry over this but look at it from a womans point of view :/ I"m very emotional XD I"m calm now. And thank you a lot for reading all of my cr*p and answering! Really, thanks :) For the record I have no idea what St. Patrick's day is or cinco de mayo XD don't have these holidays in my country but I think I totaly get the point :) Again, thank you very much :)

• St. patrick's day is an Irish holiday that for some reason American's also celebrate by getting wasted, cinco de mayo is mexican independence day... again.. Americans just get wasted that day too for no reason...Have a good anniversary!

• d since you're the only one who answered, my gratitude is even bigger and of course it's only natural that you get best answer :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!