• Ask
  • myTake

I want to give my guy a promise ring.. how do I approach this without scaring him off?

i want to give my guy a promise ring.. how do I approach this without scaring him off.. he is military and I want him to wear something to think of... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well being military, and having done the whole promise ring thing before. In my honest opinion, if you want to get him something to think of you while he is gone, get him a necklace, nothing tacky, but nothing too masculine.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, personally, I don't like promise rings myself. But that's just me though. Find out if he'd like to wear a necklace. Perhaps a watch or something. I don't wear any other jewelry other than a watch myself, so its up to your guy what he likes.

What Girls Said 1

• I agree with the necklace thing: Give him a necklace of yours that means something to you or will remind him of you while he's away