Does being in a cool off relationship mean you can flirt heavily with another girl?

A guy has been giving me numerous signs that he's into me, even fallen in love with me, for about 4 months now, though he hasn't said it directly because he still has a gf, although they're in a "cool off" stage, or so he says. He seems to be a nice guy though, and caring, and sweet to me. But he's very cautious and won't answer questions directly when asked what's the real score between him and his gf. He also thinks he's single if he's in a cool off relationship. I would like to ask if I should continue flirting with him since I'm beginning to fall for him a little and would like to nip this in the bud if it's going to hurt me in the end. Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds to me like he has two women in his life, which is going to be bad news for one of them, at least. I think, for your own sake, that you need to tell him to look you up once things have cooled off in his other relationship, to the point of being ICE COLD. We all want to have our cake and eat it too. Too much cake is unhealthy! All the best.

• He says he's been having problems with his girlfriend for a while now, even before he met me. I think it's just to pacify me because I do act coldly when some of our colleagues mention stories of relationships ruined by a third party. however, he's really nice and sweet on me and thoughtful, and he does seem to be a guy with a conscience. he says he hasn't been with his girlfriend since their "cool off" stage except once last december to exchange how do you dos.

• Actually, he is inviting me into his life. he would say he wants to get married already, and then pointedly ask me what's my ideal age to get married. the thing is, I haven't told him I have feelings for him, because I do want to protect myself from him (what if he chooses to go back to his gf, I'd be devastated). and he hasn't told me point blank he has feelings for me, but keeps playing these romantic MP3s about his feelings. he seems sincere but is waiting for me to make the first move.

• is this guy thinking of marriage yet he's playing things like a 21 year old (girlfriend in "cooling off stage" whatever that means, and new interest (you) on the side) Come on now, be stronger than that...please!