What's a good lotion to use for the face?

Hey everyone, I was curious what's a good lotion to use for the face. I've noticed that my face is kinda dry after a shower and I would like to fix that.

I used to have severe acne when I was like 13-18. I'm 21 now and I get like the occasional pimple. Nothing bad at all. I was wondering what's a good mild lotion to use than won't jack up my complexion!

Open Suggestion from both Guys and Girls :)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• how sensitive is your skin? For me, even the OTC hypoallergenic stuff can break me out. I actually had to go organic and it helps--if you want, I can send you some inks to some organic ( all natural not one chemical in it) stuff that is about the price of what you can find in a store...

• 'k...

Kaia house is like a organic product superstore ranging from the moderately priced to the "Oh my god are they crazy" also be sure to read the ingredients list on the page before purchase, some companies claim to have organic products when they only have one or two organic items in it.

link

great store 100 percent natural and hand made

link

Also great

link

• Post the links up for everyone to see! :D

What Girls Said 18

• anything nivea.

• Clinique moisturizing gel. Best stuff ever. Or clean & clear morning burst. Make sure you get oil free stuff.

• OMG anything that's neutrogena will work, they have the best products for skin care, and I have used their facial stuff to clear my face! AND omg they are a miracle, they work over all the other products that I have used from Proactive, to Clean and Clear. I have bought this kind of lotion thing they have that is for the face, and it adds moisture to dried out areas on your face and it helps people with oily skin as well. Go to the neutrogena website, and i`m sure you will find something.

• Neutrogena huh? I use the "Acne Prone facial wash bar" and its awesome. This thing has got to be the best. Any other soap leaves my skin super dry, but thise one doesn't leave it THAT dry but its manageable, that's why I'm seeking a good lotion... It would make sense to use products from the same brand the cleanser is huh? lol Duh~~

• Cetaphil is by far the most gentle product everrrrrr. I stronglllyyy suggest it.

• Get a face moisturizzer. Lotion is not a good choice.

• If you use lotion on your face, it will most likely clog up your pores. You should use face moisturizer. At drugstores or stores like target and walmart they sell different types of facial moisturizer all made by different companies. I would recommend aveeno or 'clean and clear's' moisturizers. They are located right next to the face scrubs. Cetephil s also a great moisturizer.

Hope this helped :)

• I know right? I think more oil collects on your face then on the rest of your body for some unknown reason. But moisturizer will definitely help

• Awesome.

Yeah it makes sense in a way, why put body lotion to the face? The face needs a different kind of moisturizer. Why is it that face skin is so prone to breakouts, blemishes and other skin conditions?

• The body shop has good facial moisturizers and have different kinds to accommodate to different skin types. Their stuff is expensive but they claim to be all natural and body shop products are great gifts for girlfriends :P

• cetaphil

something like that that has nothing to it like no scent or anything, just plain old good mosturizer

• i use ponds.. its prob the cheapest listed here.. and you just put it on ur face after washing it.. used it my whole life.. never had acne problems etc.

• I use aveeno ultra-calming moisturizer. it works great for me! but I don't have any problems with acne, so maybe it wouldn't work the same on your skin type. If its not too dry, maybe I light moisturizer is best

• ProActiv Green Tea Moisturizer...wow, I sound like I'm in the commercial, but it works really good...it moisturizes w/o getting greasy

• Cetaphil is a great moisturizer and they make a great face wash too that doesn't dry out your skin or make it too oily. You can usually get it at Walmart or Walgreens.

• Haha it really should be called chuck norris...but that might scare people more...

• I've seen that! the name scares me a little lol

• clinique daily mositurizer is the best I have found

• a nonscented, simple moustirizer

• johnson & johnson baby lotion with aloe vera and vitamin E. I use it everyday on my face it's amazing. only, I get the one that smells like the ocean instead of like a babys ass :)

• Keep it natural! Pure aloe vera gel, or a basic pot of something like silcox's base. If you ask for either one at your pharmacy/drug store they are readily available.

• I like this idea too.

• I like the Aloe vera gel suggestion. I think I'll give that one a try, I would rather just have something natural that I know what's in it VS all the chemicals and other things they put inside other lotions o.o

• it sounds really girly, but olay complete all-day moisture lotion spf 15 for sensitive skin is great...it's light and not greasy, and keeps your skin hydrated all day.

• I'm going to have to agree with bright on this one and I'm a guy. A girl got this for me and I have been using it ever since.

• I use this. It's kind of expensive, but it was recommended so I decided to give it a try. My skin isn't really dry, so I guess I use it mainly more for the SPF protection than anything else.

It's oil free, so you don't have to worry about clogged pores or pimples for using it.

Also, if you don't already know, use moisturizer as opposed to body lotion. Moisturizer is made specifically for your face.

• aveeno makes some really good daily moisturizers for the face which will not cause acne flairs in most people.

• Okay, stuff that contains aloe is good too right?

• Does lubriderm make face lotion? if it is not specifically a "face" moisturizer, you always run the risk of making your skin break out. typically face moisturizers are in the same aisle as like face washes which tends to be separate from body lotion. ha ha...sorry if that is confusing.

• O000o000oo Thanks, What about lubriderm's line of lotions, they any good?

What Guys Said 7

• Try man science face wash

• I use Vaseline body & face lotion for men. Works great for me plus it isn't gloppy or thick like others out there. It works pretty quick too. Plus it has a nice scent to it.

• I use Caldo Face Moisturizer. Its Italian ;) Smells good (not girly), bought it at Target.

I also use Clean & Clear invisible blemish treatment. Works well and fast, from Wal Mart.

• Have you tried Vaseline mixed with a little bit of battery acid? It works wonders...

• I use Vasline lotion occasionally and haven't had any trouble with it. I also use benzol peroxide lotion (Pro-Active stuff, though I prefer the generic), so that might be preventing the lotion from causing harm.

I wouldn't use any Oil of Olay products. They're suspect in my book.

• I would actually recommend using nothing if possible. When you wash just use water and a wash cloth because the soap will really dry out your face (and for me at least, causes me to get pimples).

The face lotion that I occasionally use that does not cause pimples is Nivea for Men After Shave - Extra soothing balm - sensitive (because I have sensitive skin). It helps with dryness but does not cause pimples or a greasy face like a lot of other creams do.

• TwiztidK--there are essential oils that need to be on the face--stripping oils will create over dryness and incidentally, more acne--natural oil from plant sources can create balance and reduce breakouts--I am almost 40 son been using organic for 5 years and they are the Only things that have worked on my break out prone skin so there is no need to be a smart ass...also does not mean you won't be allergic to an ingredient so trial and error is in order with organics too...

• I know but a chemical byproduct from a plant is less irritating than a chemical that is made in a factory that can eat through plastic

• A-R-Norman, Just so you know, there are chemicals in plants. So, when you buy organic moisturizer, it still has chemicals in it. BTW, oil comes from plants too.

• Show Older
  • oxy helps, since its a acne fighter and sort of a lotion in a way

but girls will know this better than me

• Yeah

• Yeah I just want a light hydrating lotion. I don't want a thick grandma cold cream lol. We'll see what the chicas have to say :D