A 19 year old girl with a 17 year old guy?

Do you think this would be a weird age gap or not? Where I am, it's legal to have sex when you're 16 so that wouldn't be an issue but you are only classed as an adult when you're 18 so I'm old enough to go into clubs and bars and drink alcohol but he isn't. Also, when going abroad he'd be classed as a child and I would be an adult. Also, you don't usually see girls with younger guys. So, any opinions would be helpful :)

Also, what about 17 year old girl with 15 year old guy? I liked this guy when he was 15 and I would have been 17 at the time (we never dated or did anything) but what would people's opinions have been if we had? Rather hypothetical I know :)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Here's my opinion, and maybe I'm a little biased because my younger brother is going through this right now but, what the hell would you want with a 17 year old? Sorry to be blunt but, I mean I guess there are exceptions to the rule and "age is just a number" but come ON. He's a kid still. Its different when your both older and more mature to date a younger guy, but even I find some 25 year old MEN to be totally immature. This kid isn't going to want something with you, like a relationship, trust me. Even if he says it he's 17, a lot will change by the time he even just hits twenty. People in general at that age don't know what they want. You may not even either. Basically your not on the same level playing feild, why can't you date someone your age or older? What could this kid possibly have that would benefit you in a relationship? I just think its a waste of time and kind of stupid. And honestly when I see older girls dating teenaged boys the first thing that pops in my head is, "whats wrong with her". And I know ill probably get some slack for this because "guys do it why can girls" and I don't care because it is different. Guys take longer (in general) to mature then girls, so it makes sense to date someone a few years younger. And once again yes this is just MY OPINION. Not to say I'm right or wrong but what I do know is there are ALOT of people out there that feel the same way.

• Thankyou for your opinion, I respect it. You say you think that when you see older girls with teenage boys, but I'm still 18 (but 19 soon) and I only look about 17 and I am still a teenager-id bet that if people saw us together we'd look the same age if not me looking younger than him. Not sure if that changes anything or not. Also, this guy is mature-he doesn't hang around with people his age or younger-all his friends are older which is maybe why I see him as older than he is.Anyway,good answer

• Show Older
    • Ok thanks for your advice :)

• hi I'm a 17 year old due and I can say without reprimand that this is not a problem do nto judge us all on our age or our damn gender people its personality and people that matter OK there's a 19 year old girl that I am completely smitten with OK and yeah this si a problem becaus eof age but it doesn't actually matter I wouldn't give her up for anything in the whole damn world and she has a kid! if you believe int he guy you like and you trust him give it a shot better to have loved and lost yeah?

What Guys Said 9

• I tried dating a 17 year old girl when I was 19 years old. It didn't really work out to be honest, the girl was immature for her age to be honest. I could tell as she ignored me most of the time and seemed to distance herself from me. She didn't want a relationship and just wanted to remain friends and nothing more. I would say date someone your own age, you will have more in common with. A 17 year old probably doesn't know what he wants in life at the moment, he probably does have plans to graduate and go to college. Overtime he will get older and his mind will change. Probably lose feelings for you and end up breaking up with you.

• I do not think that is an issue. one more year and her will be considered an adult. Go for it! Keep it going!

• Nothing wrong with that hun, and once he turns 18 it will all be silly :P

• just 2 years...think about 18 and 20...

• Im 14 and I dated an 18 year old, people thought it was odd but we sure didn'tSome people where worried she was like... ganna rape me, but then again they didn't know herDont worry about it :P

• I dont, my parents are 4 years apart. That means that when he was a frosh in high school, she was a frosh in college.

• Its strange but if the sex is good keep doin it.

• 17 and 19 for me there's not realy much of a problem but it its like 17 and 21 a little bit, just depends on how much you like him.

• I don't mind. I've liked girls who were older than I am and they were even more immature than me. there are girls that are into younger guys.

What Girls Said 5

• for the fact that I tend to like guys younger than me too [even teen guys], I personally don't see it as a problem in general.though I don't go to bars or drink even as a 21 year old [which is the legal age for it in the U.S.] but instead music venues where almost everyone there is younger than me. and keep in mind that most young guys are pretty immature, though there are exceptions. and you shouldn't care if other people look down on it just because of the age differences.

• well I think its weird... it is okay to date younger guys when ur older.. because then you both will have more in common... un more life expirience...but when ur young .. you need to have someone with who you can share everything... and that is obviously a problem when he is younger...

• As both of you grow older the relative difference will diminish.It's the relative difference it's all about, nout the absolute difference.For the non mathematicians, I simplify. Absolute difference=in number of years, relative difference= % of the age of one of the two) 10yrs difference at 60 isn't the same as 10yrs difference at 16.

• i am in your same position. I am turning 19 this year and he just turned 17. I don't listen to what people say about the age gap. yeah everyone tells me that I am dumb for going out with him, but we really connect. that's all that matters. don't let people get you down, just be happy.

• wow I see myself in ur shoes soon lol my boyfriend is 16 am 18 but age is nothing but a number and what really matters is that your happy don't you think?..dont worry about peoples opinions :)

• uhm, that's gross.

• Lol, p**** anonymous user-like. i. give. a. sh*t.