A 19 year old girl with a 17 year old guy?

Do you think this would be a weird age gap or not? Where I am, it's legal to have sex when you're 16 so that wouldn't be an issue but you are only classed as an adult when you're 18 so I'm old enough to go into clubs and bars and drink alcohol but he isn't. Also, when going abroad he'd be classed as a child and I would be an adult. Also, you don't usually see girls with younger guys. So, any opinions would be helpful :)

Also, what about 17 year old girl with 15 year old guy? I liked this guy when he was 15 and I would have been 17 at the time (we never dated or did anything) but what would people's opinions have been if we had? Rather hypothetical I know :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's my opinion, and maybe I'm a little biased because my younger brother is going through this right now but, what the hell would you want with a 17 year old? Sorry to be blunt but, I mean I guess there are exceptions to the rule and "age is just a number" but come ON. He's a kid still. Its different when your both older and more mature to date a younger guy, but even I find some 25 year old MEN to be totally immature. This kid isn't going to want something with you, like a relationship, trust me. Even if he says it he's 17, a lot will change by the time he even just hits twenty. People in general at that age don't know what they want. You may not even either. Basically your not on the same level playing feild, why can't you date someone your age or older? What could this kid possibly have that would benefit you in a relationship? I just think its a waste of time and kind of stupid. And honestly when I see older girls dating teenaged boys the first thing that pops in my head is, "whats wrong with her". And I know ill probably get some slack for this because "guys do it why can girls" and I don't care because it is different. Guys take longer (in general) to mature then girls, so it makes sense to date someone a few years younger. And once again yes this is just MY OPINION. Not to say I'm right or wrong but what I do know is there are ALOT of people out there that feel the same way.

• Thankyou for your opinion, I respect it. You say you think that when you see older girls with teenage boys, but I'm still 18 (but 19 soon) and I only look about 17 and I am still a teenager-id bet that if people saw us together we'd look the same age if not me looking younger than him. Not sure if that changes anything or not. Also, this guy is mature-he doesn't hang around with people his age or younger-all his friends are older which is maybe why I see him as older than he is.Anyway,good answer

• Ok thanks for your advice :)

• hi I'm a 17 year old due and I can say without reprimand that this is not a problem do nto judge us all on our age or our damn gender people its personality and people that matter OK there's a 19 year old girl that I am completely smitten with OK and yeah this si a problem becaus eof age but it doesn't actually matter I wouldn't give her up for anything in the whole damn world and she has a kid! if you believe int he guy you like and you trust him give it a shot better to have loved and lost yeah?