Could I REALLY be in love after only 2 weeks???

Ok, so recently I started dating one of my best guy friends. We have been friends since 7th grade and have always been close. There were times when... Show More

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I really appreciate it!

Most Helpful Opinion

• Hey sweetie!

Alright, so, typically, no, it wouldn't be possible to fall in love with someone after dating them for two weeks. It'd be a potential situation, of course, based on how those first two weeks go, but you wouldn't be able to know enough about that particular person in only two weeks. You wouldn't see enough about them, and their full personality would not have a chance to reveal itself to you. Ultimately, you just wouldn't know each other well enough, because falling in love is a process that takes time.

HOWEVER!

You have known this boy since grade seven, and that is different. The reason people will tell you that two weeks will be too premature for a relationship to develop into that level of love is because there hasn't been enough time given and care given into the relationship. But where you two have known one another so long, and have experienced things together beforehand, it is TOTALLY possible!

My guess is this: That you went throug the process of knowing each other, and growing with each other and learning how to get along with one another, etcetera, during your relationship as friends, and now that you are in a relationship, you are now given the oppertunity t think of him as more than a friend. And perhaps this is the point where it dawns on you. You had more than likely not given it much thought when you were involved with oher significant others, and so that is more than likely the reason in which you did not realize your feelings for him.

That isn't to say that I am completely correct, of course. But know that it is possible, of course! Don't rule out the possibiltiy. Go over it thoroughly before you act on anything major in your guyses relationship, and wait it out a little while in order to see if you still feel the same way then, as you do now.

I hope that helped you a littebit, sweetie!

Let me know how things go!

Ally