Can you say "I love you" after 6 months?

I met my girlfriend back in January of this year at a college fair, we started dating on February 5th. It will be 7 months we've been together next month, but my aunt says I can't love her because I haven't had sex with her and my aunt says I don't know nothing about her even though I have been with her for half a year. My girlfriend lived in Illinois for 2 months but she moved back to Florida due to her dad being sick and my aunt claims, "You don't know her and you've never had sex with her, you don't love her!" My girlfriend wants me to come to Florida to visit her in October and my aunt is against me going there and my aunt laughs at me whenever I say I trust her. Can you say ''I love you" after 6 months and is my aunt right.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude, no offense, but your aunt is a f***ing tard. Do not listen to her, do not ask her for advice, do not tell her a damn thing because she'll throw it back in your face and you don't need that. She sounds very spiteful and has no f***ing clue what she's talking about. Seriously dude, it's your life, your decisions, and if she doesn't like it then she can go hug a live grenade.

• Haha I love this answer

• My 1st best answer! Thanks man.

• No problem, it was funny

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 14

• I believe how you feel is reflected in how you act. If you always treat her with respect, care about her and her life, are completely open & honest with her about yourself and your life... then it's a good possibility that you love her.

I can't say what your aunt is basing her assumption on that you don't love her. Maybe she has witnessed actions in you that aren't up to par. Maybe she's seen something in your girlfriend that doesn't set right with her. Maybe she's got her own personal issues she's speaking from. Not having sex with your girlfriend has nothing to do with it. In fact, I think you are more apt to fall in love with a girl you haven't had sex with than if you had early on.

If you have the time and the money to visit your girlfriend in October, then I don't see why you shouldn't.

Whether you're honestly ready to say "I love you" or not is completely up to you. It's a difficult thing when you've never experienced love before. But eventually you'll figure it out.

• I'm gonna be frank here...your aunt is a f***in' idiot. You don't have to have sex with someone in order to love them. Sex and love are two separate things, they aren't necessarily a package deal. You can love someone, you can have sex with someone, or you can love AND have sex with someone. As for when you start to love someone, it angers me that there is a stigma about when it is and isn't okay to say it. You have to wait till you've gone on this many dates, or dated this many months... you love someone when you love someone, don't worry about society's small box of what a relationship is.

• You can say "I love you" whenever you feel it. I used to believe that love happens only after several months for a year or so. But then I met my first love, and I fell for him in less than a week. And I can tell you with certainty that it was REAL love.

• Love really is subjective and its definition can't be put into words. Because of that, you should say it when you feel that it's right. As far as sex goes, I do think that getting to know someone intimately can help you to love them more completely, as you'd be getting to know them in another way. But I still think that you can feel love before sex. It can work both ways.

• i mean if its how you really feel go for it. Shoot you got people saying it the same day they start dating!

-A

More from Girls
9

What Guys Said 6

• Love is a subjective feeling. It holds no meaning to society and all meaning to the individual who defines it. What your aunt defines as love is only applicable to herself. The same applies to you, what you define as love is only applicable to yourself. The objective definition of love is "An intense feeling of deep affection" but that very phrase is subjective, how much is intense? Not only that, people tend to look for something more specific adding other requirements in order to be able to accept it as love.

To answer your question, "Can you say "I love you" after 6 months?" My answer is, what do you believe? Because in the end that's the only thing that matters.

• i said I love you to my girlfriend I love after one month. some people may think that's quick but I said it when I felt it. if you feel it just say it.

• my friends parents got married after knowing each other for all of 4 months. theyve been together over 20 years.

• Do you feel that you love her? if you do then say you love her. your aunt doesn't know what she's talking about...

• 6 months is plenty of time to fall in love.