How do I know if he is serious about marrying me?

My boyfriend and I are in college, I'm 19 and he's 21. We have been on and off again for about 6 months, including the little bits of time when we were broken up. At around two months, he admitted that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, but he said it in a very casual way, kind of like "oh who knows what will happen?" But over the next months, he mentioned that he couldn't see himself spending his life with anyone else, he was more in love with me than he ever was before, and a lot of stuff about us being together in the future. He was looking for a new apartment to live in when he graduates and he asked me which ones I liked the best because he wants me to live with him. He doesn't talk about marriage all the time, but he's made it very clear that he wants to marry me. (Although we're not officially engaged at all) do I know if this is something he really believes? I definitely believe that I want to marry him but I know we're young and I just want to make... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that you don't need to take this seriously at the moment. It sounds like he is really in to you and it is good that he said it but it is way to early in the relationship to be getting serious about that.

You said that you have been on and off for six months, that does not make the relationship sound serious. The other thing is you are still young and in college. You are going to want different things in the future and nothing is serious in college. You need to concentrate on having fun, concentrate on your college work and let nature take its course. If you are meant to be then things will work out but don't put any pressure on it or take things to seriously at the moment.