How can I get my ex-girlfriend back after I 'sort of' cheated on her?

First of all I'm going to apologize for the long winded story I'm about to write but here goes.

I had been with my girlfriend a year and a half, and it was absolutely great well the first year anyway. I treated her all the time, complimented her everyday, bought her nice things, and spent all my time with her, if we weren't with each other we'd be texting each other. 3 Weeks ago this all changed, we went to a concert and had an amazing night, I loved it. She got home and had gone on my Facebook without me knowing, and fount a conversation between me and a girl. This girl I don't even know, I've never met before, but I said things a guy in a relationship should not say. I mean I don't even know why I said these things as I didn't even mean them! I'm ashamed of myself as its not who I am, even though I haven't met, had sex, or kissed another girl, I'm still ashamed! This broke her heart and it kills me inside knowing it was my fault to why we split.

Since the break up, she has hated my guts. Her mother told me I had to fight for her back, I begged her, and pleaded forgiveness, I wrote her a long letter of all the amazing memories we had and the little things I love about her which she didn't realize I picked up on. I've realized doing all this, was just pushing her away and from the start I should of just given her space. But that's one of the hardest things ever to do, especially when you're told to prove how much you want her and fight for her!

The last 6 months of our relationship, I took her for granted and stopped doing the things I use to do. I stopped appreciating how much she loved me, which she did, I mean I don't think anyone could love me more than her! I treated her badly, and I've only just realized after not being with her at what an ass hole I have been! I've told her I've changed, that I'm sorry and that I won't break her heart again.

At the moment we're not talking, after constantly pleading my forgiveness, and promising new starts and changes, I realized I was just making it worse, so right now I've told her, it leave her alone, but won't stop loving her. I've told her il be there for her whenever, and the only girl I want is her. Which is true, sounds cheesy, but the only girl I want to live my life with, is her. She's naturally beautiful, attractive, funny, the nicest girl I will ever meet or have the chance to be with and I ruined it by my stupidity. I really regret, hate myself and I'm ashamed for what I've done. I know she still loves me, and has feelings for me. But I don't want to be with anyone but her, and deep down I know she only wants to be with me. As I say at the moment, we're not talking. I've seen a latest picture of her and she's still wearing my chain I gave her (Maybe I'm over thinking that and she just doesn't realize she's still wearing it) My stuff is still at hers, and hers is still at mine and we Haven't even spoke about giving it back. Please note we still live with our familys, not together. I love her so much, what do I do? :'(

Most Helpful Girl

• Christ this sounds like me and my first boyfriend only he did it for the entire time we were together and didn't consider telling another girl he loved her, that she was the best thing that ever happened to her and having phone sex wih her cheating.. Look mate basically you've broken her trust and you've made her feel worthless. The only thing you can really do now is be the perfect boyfriend. Don't see anyone else while you are broken up (girls I mean) don't flirt with others and keep promises that you make to her. I think you need to speak to her in person and tell her why you did what you did. And if you don't know I can tell you right now it was a nice little ego boost for you to talk to another girl in a flirtatious and/or sexual manner. Young guys just have no will power for that sort of thing. You need to prove that she can trust you again. Honestly I think she just needs time and a bit of space... so just wait.

• Report

Thank you for your advice, understand what your saying! I will wait as a I truly don't want anyone else but her, she was the girl I could picture my life with and I was happy with it. I think you're right on the ego boost, sounds pathetic and I know it is. Really wish I hadn't took her for granted the times I did, if I got her back, I'd treat her like the princess she deserves to be, I really would!

• Report

Either way you have learnt your lesson. Which is a good thing. :)