Unexpected pregnancy in a relationship...

Two friends of mine (they're in a loving, stable, and committed relationship) have unexpectedly conceived a child. When I was told the girl was pregnant I said 'sh*t' because I thought it was bad news. At which point they were shocked and 'hoped I was joking' because it was obviously good news. What's your viewpoint?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• Selected as most helpful

If their relationship is stable and serious, why should it be bad? It would be different when they weren't serious about each other or if they were just fwb's without a future or wouldn't have time for it.

A pregnancy doesn't have to be planned per se.

• Very few child are planned, I know I wasn't. If they're in a stable committed relationship, are financially secure, are physically and mentally mature and realize what having a child actually means then I don't see an issue

• Good news or bad news is up to the parents. Condoliations: The word for when you don't know if congratulations or condolences are in order. :-)

• I was in the opposite situation. When my best friend told me his girl was pregnant I was the only one who's first reaction was congratulations. He was worried because he was young and kind of immature but I told him everything was going to be alright.

Him and his girl are still together and have two more kids. Couldn't be more proud of him. He got his sh*t together when his first daughter was born and really turned into a man.