Unexpected pregnancy in a relationship...

Two friends of mine (they're in a loving, stable, and committed relationship) have unexpectedly conceived a child. When I was told the girl was pregnant I said 'sh*t' because I thought it was bad news. At which point they were shocked and 'hoped I was joking' because it was obviously good news. What's your viewpoint?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• If their relationship is stable and serious, why should it be bad? It would be different when they weren't serious about each other or if they were just fwb's without a future or wouldn't have time for it. A pregnancy doesn't have to be planned per se.

What Guys Said 2

• Good news or bad news is up to the parents. Condoliations: The word for when you don't know if congratulations or condolences are in order. :-)

• I was in the opposite situation. When my best friend told me his girl was pregnant I was the only one who's first reaction was congratulations. He was worried because he was young and kind of immature but I told him everything was going to be alright. Him and his girl are still together and have two more kids. Couldn't be more proud of him. He got his sh*t together when his first daughter was born and really turned into a man.

What Girls Said 1

• Very few child are planned, I know I wasn't. If they're in a stable committed relationship, are financially secure, are physically and mentally mature and realize what having a child actually means then I don't see an issue