Christianity and sex...what can I do when my boyfriend is confused?

My boyfriend has recently told me that he believes sex should be saved as a gift for marriage (even though we have sex already - yeh I felt great when he told me...) and is now seriously thinking about whether he should stop having sex until he is married. Even though I am opposed to the idea of... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Religion. This is always a fun topic. Have you ever noticed that Religion is the start of most wars? That Religion is one of the reasons that America was formed. That religion shapes the views of the people that practice it. That religion is a form of controlling the masses. A long time ago, America was started by people seeking a place to freely practice Religion yet the Government has a document that states that the "State" and "Religion" are to be separate. That one should not interfere with the other. IT has taken the 10 Commandments off the walls of churches and schools. It offers RELIGION protection from the masses yet they do not have to pay taxes on their properties. That "In God We Trust" is on all their money makes no sense.

Mentally one can be a born again Virgin, although I do not think that "God" sees it the same way. Religion and sex only when married is another form of control. If it is a sure ticket to hell I guess every human that came before "Christianity" are burning for eternity. If you research the people of the bible, and the bible it's self, is there not a prostitute (Mary Magdelon - spelled wrong) that was said to be more then friendly with "Jesus"? Do you not learn that God forgives EVERYONE? Have you ever found a discrepency in the Good Book? If only God can forgive sin why are there Acts of Confession? Especially when the Bible states that if you are truly sorry for your sins you are forgiven.

Why is it that everything that you find enjoyable is a sin? If drinking alcohol is a sin, why is there so much use and mention of Alcohol in the bible and the world.

I could go on for ever...

Sex does not make a relationship, but with out it one WILL fail. Religion as a threat, with holding sex due to Religious Beliefs after having sex does not make much sense. I do not see it (relationship) working in the long run. Some people are not sexually driven, that is true and there is nothing wrong with it. But to cram your religion upon a partner and expect your partner to abide by your beliefs, that is so wrong and will tear any relationship apart.

Plain and Simple, RELIGION IS A FORM OF CONTROL. Show me how it is not a form of control. The Indians have 100's of Gods, the Catholics one. Which is right, which is wrong? Especially when Christianity says that there is only one God. Their God.

How do you know that 12 people were not drinking wine and smoking marijuana or tripping on the wrong kind of mushrooms and wrote a great story. Who is to say any ONE religion is correct?

Will he allow you to satisfy yourself sexually with other partners why he decides if day by day what he does or does not want? Does he know that if he uses the sex is against his religion excuse, that masturbation probably is too! IS he going to follow every rule fasting and what not too? Perfectly? A lot of things (religiously) change.

• Catholics are thinking about allowing priest to marry? Why? To attract people to Priesthood.

For a while Females could not lead a Christian church, now they can.

Almost everyone that claims they are 100% Christian are liars. I have rarely met anyone that follows their faith 100%. It is impossible. In most Christian religions sex was evil and only used to have a child. So if your boyfriend does decide to have sex AGAINST his RELIGION, what of Birth Control? Will he NOT believe in that?