Guys, need your advice--how long should I wait?

How much time should I wait to pursue a guy that has just ended a long term relationship about a month ago? Is he emotionally ready? I do not want a short-term relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• if you're worth it, he'll be ready. Unless things ended up in a real big mess and he's a wreck. Otherwise go for it and the way he;ll look at you depends on you, not on his past relationship.

What Guys Said 15

• I think you should call him. That's a good way. However, a personal talk is best.

Guys move on quickly, and don't put a lot of thoughts on their emotions. He's good to go. Show that you're still interested in him, if you want a long-term relationship with him.

• Just be friendly, but do not pursue anything more, wait until he shows hints of wanting more from you, then you can start getting flirty and making hints to him you want more, but allow him to make the move, otherwise you could just be a rebound bunk up,x

• No. It was a girlfriend but she broke up with him. They dated about 4 years but lived in different states. They saw each other once every 4 to 6 months (for the past two years).

• Well I would suggest to be yourself and see what moves he has that come your way, but its never a bad thing for a girl to show interest first, so it has to be a choice only you can make, good luck,x

• Time doesn't matter much at all, there's never such set time frames when things should happen. Could take him a day or 50 years to get comfortable enough to see somebody else either friendwise or romanticly.. Depends how you know him/how long you known each other or raport level or how you feel around him (Do you feel safe enough?) Pull him aside where its mutual place (Def no bar scenes, that's kinda cheap and sleazy for this and he may not take you serious) and say something like, 'Hey, I know things might be tough for you, and _your input_'

That way he will have lots of respect for you and may not become jaded by women especially if his last relationship ended bad.. But hey, if you try to pursue him and end up with him for the long haul that's great yet if not than you tried, try to wish him luck

• i'd definity wait till you though he was actually looking to date people again , I wouldn't try and rush him into something , you could just become the rebound

• Time isn't the issue. Make sure you're not his rebound girl... After he rebounds you're good to go ;) Good luck

More from Guys
10

What Girls Said 0