Am I just meant to be alone forever?

I don't want to have you read a long story, but long story short, I am in love with someone who does not feel the same. I have done everything I can to get my mind off of him. I've worked on my hobbies, I've tried going out with friends, going out with different guys. But at the end of the day, before going to bed, I think of him. I think of him and cry. I feel my life is still so empty without him and I don't think anyone else will come along to take his place in this emptiness. There is nothing I can do. The closest thing I have to being with him is just looking at his pictures and remembering all my memories with him. It's been a year, and I still can't seem to get over him. My heart hurts and is in endless pain. I would climb the highest mountain just to have another shot at love with this man. Have you ever felt this way? Have things gotten better for you? Did you meet someone eventually that you loved more? I'm crying while typing this and I don't know what to do with myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I have DEFINATLY had this with a girl. It's been two years an I am finally almost over her. It was not easy at all. I'd dream about her and think about her all the time. Your mind seems to play tricks on you. My situation was I never made a move and I was too afraid. I always had regrets about it but things may have been better this way. There's no easy way of letting go except time. I wish I had some good advice for you but there really is none except meeting new guys. Don't try to fight your feelings for him cause it will just make things worse, just try to stay focused and let time pass. You will get over it though, I honestly never thought I would but I am and I'm glad, to be honest it was miserable.