• Ask
  • myTake

Can interracial relationships last ?

I am a black man I sometimes date other women out of my race do you think interracial relationships can last ?

Can someone please rate my question I will give BA

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Interracial relationships are no more or less likely to fail than other relationships. They may have some added pressures depending on how the people around them feel but there are many couples who have worked out just fine. There are so many individual factors that affect any relationship and race is only one of them.Black marrying black, white marrying white,Black marrying asian, Asian marrying Mexican,Mexican marrying asian...They all have the same chance of staying married for a very long time..The color of your skin won't determine if you will stay married, Love,commitment,and trust determine if you will stay married...I feel Race has nothing to do with Love,marriage,divorce,kids,life.

• Thank You Bro.

What Girls Said 11

What Guys Said 16

• Of course, some of the most successful relationships are borne from interracial relationships.

• I say yes they definitely can...there may be more obstacles in the relationship due to family and/or friends of you or her "disapproving" even to the point of trying to sabotage.Odds are lower, but it's possible.Btw white men / black women married couples have the lowest divorce race out of interracial marriages.

• Yes, race is in your mind. There's not even a scientific basis for race.

• I guess every single child of mixed racial origin all must have parents who are divorced.

• Of course they can. It all depends on how much the pair put in to the relationship.

• what does race has to do with the strength of a relationship?

• I don't see why not? unless of course you live in Alabama or Mississippi or something. I'm from NYC so I don't think we ever have a problem with that lol

• Lol I'm from Alabama and my parents are different races.

• I've lived in Alabama in our neighbors were a white man and a black woman :P

• did the parents of the white woman who was with a black man still talk to her?ok I'm done stereotyping lol

• It works out all the time.

• Absolutely, why not?

• I've had interracial relationships, my best love is my son's mother, and she's black... Unfortunately we got together before I truly grasped Maslow's theory of Self Actualization. In short, I had a lot of growing up (coping, overcoming, developing a healed identity - not being an a**hole, basically) to do.When two people have dealt with their issues, can carry their baggage and look like refined travelers instead of confused, overburdened refugees - they're able to develop a real bond. An open, caring, respectful love takes two well matured personalities that are compatible. I didn't deal with my problems in time. But I think it still goes in the 'win' category that we loved each other for many years.Because of the love I cultivated with her, when I find myself in the arms of a black woman, it's like returning home. I might carry a torch. One day I'll meet a very savvy, mature, intelligent and brave woman, of any race, who will help me out. Back to your question. Being objective, two people of different races, getting together in this multi-polar world of news media whipping every side of an argument up into a froth, until everyone has their own "deal breakers" for every friendship, are beating the odds. It's a cathartic experience to just be you, with someone else who's just being them, seeing the color difference but looking deeper than the skin. Part of it is the act of two people crossing the color barrier, smashing down old restraining ideas. Another is the difference in culture. There is a different way of life in every family, but differences in race add more factors to the equation.When you're in a mixed relationship, it's like you sidestep out of the white/black situation, and are two lovers alone on a desert island. Because there's going to be issues on each side. I lost black male friends. She got grief from family members, because I'm the very average white guy. Not everyone got it. So, yeah, it can last. It takes heart. And it takes maturity. Same as any other relationship. Maybe thicker skin. The ability to bust gang-bangers' and crackers' balls, with equal opportunity to tell them what sh*ts they're being. Without getting shot. That's important. Some people get way too upset over things that don't concern them.

• Seems doubtful, since you are 30-35 years old and still asking this question. Also, the year is 2013.

• I'm white and my girlfriend is of Sri Lankan heritage, and we're just fine. Don't see why you should worry about it.

• maybe

• Yeah? I don't see why not, just because they are a different race it shouldn't make a difference unless you make it a problem. I can actually imagine it to be more interesting but you need to consider what will keep you together ultimately

• Yeah, of course. Most interracial relationships are less stable than same race couples, but that doesn't mean they never work out. Just be in the relationship for the right reasons and not because you lust after whatever race the other person is. And be sure the girl you're with is following that as well.

• I think I remember seeing something in the news last year about the rate of interracial marriages having reach a high in the US. they also said they had some of the highest rates of divorce, specifically I think it was black guys and white girls had a high rate and I think it was Asian men and any other race had a low rate. (I think)