What do you prefer a guy who is desperate for success in his career or a guy who can love you to the core?

a guy can never be both at the same time. I am sure about it. I had similar experiences like this once I was very desperate for success, I cared none. I took a break , loved a girl truly but that too didn't go well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it can go hand in hand. I'd choose a guy who can love me to the core. I have a guy who I think is both. We are both that way. During finals we send a good luck text but that is it because we need to concentrate. He said that he loves me and wants me to be proud of he is becoming and be able to spoil me with presents. lol. I don't really need that sort of thing but he's been getting straight As and is planning his career so that he can "provide." I never asked for it but he says he wants to because he loves me and he doesn't want me making 100k while he makes 40k.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 25

• In theory, both become integral but because of the impulsive obsession to have needs and wants satisfied immediately, the safety and security of love comes to mind first then money and sacrifices become the next important necessity to fulfill.

Honestly, I would prefer to get the feelings and deal breakers done as quickly as possible so that both partners are on even ground then move on to complete personal goals that they want to accomplish. :) That's how my fiancee and I did. It's working out rather swimmingly.

• Depends on what's more important to you...starving artists are great for a while ...there's a reason why their good in the sac...got more time and why stay if they were lousy and lazy...security is a big thing if you want to not worry about finances but the downside to that guy..is everything has a price and he's always away getting the bigger salary...so I would prefer a compitant lay...knows where his true success lies and doesn't take that for granted..you can have all the money and success in the world but love can complete you...so those who can balance have the right idea

• It's all about balance... But I want a guy who loves me more than he loves his career.

• Between the choices, love me to the core.

Money sadly makes the world go round, but we could make it work. A man driven by success is attractive to a degree, but success starts to take over, he starts wanting to make you fit the trophy wife image. Not every girl is up to that.

• A guy can be both, it just doesn't have to be that extreme! An ambitious guy with a caring heart is probably a good balance :)

More from Girls
20

What Guys Said 3

• For most of the girls I see in my life, they usually go to the guy who can love them to the core when their age is still young.

However, when girls aged and hit 30s, they usually go with the guy who's desperate for success in his career.

• Obviously they will demand both

• I don't see where you get it can't be both. Just because you aren't capable does not mean the next guy isn't.