She's scared to meet, what should I do?

So we'd been flirting and getting to know each other, she suggested I should take her out before next Valentine's day.

However, she had been seeming off lately with the "busy" hints, etc and even mentioned about being put off meeting up:

me - Wouldn't mind getting to know you more :-) x

her - What do you want to know x

me - Wondering when you are free at the weekend for me to call you? x

her - Got a pretty busy weekend to be fair like I don't know if I'll have time! x

me - It's alright I get the hint, I guess that offer of taking you out will have to go to somebody else x

her - I just feel a bit weird about talking to someone on the phone and stuff that I've never met or seen, sorry if you think that is weird x

me - was suggesting we could meet soon, but if that's what you really want... x

her - Meeting a randomer though.. It's like, I dunno. x

me - if it's because you like someone else then do that, at least you'll be happier. I'm alright meeting up but if you aren't then I can't force it.. You seem to have your mind made up x

her - No its not that. But I have a very over protective best friend who seems to think you're going to kidnap me and keep me in your basement x

me - Haha, sense of humour too! I wouldn't risk my future like that for the sake of a girl, but if its something you're not comfortable with, not much I can do.. I'd want you to be safe x

Then she doesn't reply. Should I just leave it and move on? I can't force her to meet with me. Maybe IF she's eventually comfortable then she'll come into contact again.

I'm feeling like I should stop contacting her now and only send her something if she sends something first..

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• Selected as most helpful

"if it's because you like someone else then do that, at least you'll be happier. I'm alright meeting up but if you aren't then I can't force it.. You seem to have your mind made up"

That is one big guilt trip. It's you assuming the victim portion of the story, and now she is pressured to either let you go and be the victim, or to come meet you and convince you she likes you. Either way, the point is, she's pressured. Personally, I rebel against pressure.

"I wouldn't risk my future like that for the sake of a girl"

What the heck?

Offer to her to meet in a public place where she feels comfortable, for just a cup of coffee and she can leave quickly. Then back off a bit. If she says no, don't keep offering to meet if you keep talking to her. She needs to get comfortable with you. She needs to know you are interested in HER and her mind, not that your only desire is to meet her.

• I'm thinking of letting her text me next as I texted last. I don't want to play mind games, but after what's been said, etc, I want to see if she's interested enough to initiate it with me. I feel like I should back off and not act as interested as I have been.

• It's up to you, hon. Handle it the way you usually would. I would let her text me next, or wait a few days, but that's me.

• Confused lol, she seems scared of meeting me after what her friend had mentioned, tells me she finds it "weird" texting/calling someone she hasn't met, ignores my text about meeting, then reacts to my accidental unfollowing on twitter, then keeps replying? possibly being playful?

I ended the text after I woke up with "Be our little secret", she hadn't replied as there was nothing to reply to. Should I let her contact me next time? I feel like teasing her seems to be working better

• Show Older
  • Why don't you suggest that she brings her "Best friend" along, to meet you? AT A PUBLIC PLACE.

You wouldn't be able to kidnap her then would you?

• No idea but this is more updated link

• wtf...

I don't get her at all... What the hell does she want?

• I saw a tweet saying "This is an indirect tweet, and it's aimed at you. You're a ****ing ****." on Monday, wasn't sure it was aimed at me but it felt like it. I retaliated by unfollowing her purposely this time and removing her off Facebook. She sent a text saying "Was it accidental this time or on purpose?". I didn't reply, wanting to wait a day before I do.. but noticed she unfollowed me tonight too

• Show Older
  • yeah, I'd move on...

• It doesn't mean that if she doesn't reply that she's not already interested in you.

Perhaps, there was an emergency and she have to go, or she fell asleep.

Text her again, and find time to ask her out to a date.

• Yeah but she seems put off in meeting up after her best friend said that I might "kidnap her and lock her up in a basement". I don't want to send another text and act needy/desperate