If he doesn't love me after 2 years, why is he with me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years, whenever we are together things are great...I have told him that I love him plenty of times and he never says it back. We got into an argument the other day where it ended up him telling me that he doesn't love me and he now wants a "simple" relationship. I didn't speak to him for the rest of the day...he ended up coming over to see what I was doing when I responded with just keeping it "simple" he told me to shut up and give him a kiss...wtf is that supposed to mean? I'm extremely confused and upset.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh :-/ This is really sh*tty of him. I don't understand that, either. Why stay with someone if you don't love them? I mean, wouldn't that mean you don't see a future with them, too? I have a good friend that has been with her boyfriend for 3 years and he just recently told her he never wants to get married or have kids...he wants to focus on a career. Well, she wants marriage and children and (obviously) had she known this sooner, she wouldn't have stayed so long. She broke up with him, then he said he missed her and didn't know what he wanted in the future, now they're back together but he's still unsure if he wants to get married someday.

I wish I knew what to tell you, but I don't :-/ Either he has some serious issues with love and opening up, or doesn't know what he wants and stuck around to see if he'd figure it out (either reason is selfish of him).

At this point, though I hate to say it, if he wants to keep things simple (whatever that means) after two years, I'm not sure it's fair to you to stay in the relationship.

• I know right...like I tell him all the time that I love him, do I hold out and hope that someday he'll love me the way I love him, or do I do what you said and cut all ties. It's just hard and confusing

• Show Older
    • Thank you for your advice :)

• You're welcome : ) You'll figure it out!