• Ask
  • myTake

What do guys feel like when they're in love?

Do guys feel the same way girls do when they are in love? Do they get butterflies when they see this person? do they wait for her to come online? do they wait all day for a text back?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• - I doubt it. I don't know how a girl feels, I only know how I feel. But I do know the actions and expression girls and guys do are usually different. So I'd assume the chemical/biological feeling is different too.- past the infatuation stage, doubtful. But it just depends on the guy and girl. Some girls I've loved gave me butterflies, some never did (and yes, I loved them). - I guess I'd only wait if I was expecting her to come online? I mean...no, I wouldn't wait for her to come online. To chat? No. ...- well, it depends on the stage we're at, what time of day, and what I'm texting... If I'm still courting, then yeah I'd be eager to hear back, but I'd understand if she takes a while - it's party of the "game" sometimes. If we're past all that crap, then I probably wouldn't care how long she takes, I know she's probably busy with work or friends or family, as long as she replies before she goes to bed (if I texted during the day).

• What if you had that same feeling but something came up in your life that may take away quality time with her. Which can be frustrating. How would you keep it going or make time for her? Would you stop communicating or hope that she stays and support you?

• Show Older
    • That was all about a year ago, and to this day I make a bigger effort to show I care for her and her kids, even if I know we won't get back together. I come over and play with her kids (2 young daughters) so she could relax a bit, I take them out to dinner/lunch, even buy her girls toys/games to ease some of the burden on her. I suppose maybe I am making up for lost time or my shortsightedness. But again, I don't think we'll ever get together. I do it out of genuine love for her and her kids

• As for the last part of your question, I don't expect anything from her in return in all honesty. I don't expect her to just be single for me indefinitely. She tried dating one guy and it didn't work. She told me she'll only be with a guy who can commit to her and her kids 100%, and I'm just not there yet. I'd love for her to find a great guy who can fulfill her needs. But I'd also like to do a screening of him first! I must approve him! I only want the best for her and her kids.

What Guys Said 3

• It's hard to say that one person's experience of being in love is like another's. I think that they examples you give apply. They have certainly applied to me. There is likely to be a certain universality about it. But how can we really know?

• I think some may do a lot of these things, why the hell would anyone take a day to respond to a text though, that's just a turn off.

• I generally feel like that, yeah, though I don't wait all day to get a reply. I get bored, and try to find something to do with my time, and if she'll get back to me, she'll get back to me, because if she feels the same way about me, then it shouldn't even be a question.But yeah love can be a great feeling. It can feel consuming or enveloping. It's a little bit obsessive, but freeing at the same time. I can sometimes feel distracted, thinking about the girl I love. Sometimes I think about how lucky I am to be with her, and my body just sorta shakes like it's holding back a huge "whoohoooo!". In truth I kinda am.So yeah, I think it feels the same for guys. Though I don't think it's a gender thing. I think it's a personal thing.

• I always try to make time. If somebody's important, I try like hell to shift things around to make time. It's important. I've had some pretty busy jobs, and my girlfriend was also working fulltime on another job, but I tried like hell to make sure I still saw her at least once a week.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!