Which glasses style do you think is the sexiest on a girl?
Close

Real Sex Doll: Is Creating Intimacy with Silicone the Answer?

I ran across an article about a whole subculture of men who purchase and have sex with realistic looking dolls, which can be found here: Just Like A Woman

Let me tell you, I was shocked and amazed at all the justifications for not only buying them, but for continuing relationships with these inanimate objects as if they were sentient beings.

Now, I will admit that there were a few things I did agree with in regards to the use of a sex doll, at least peripherally. I mean, if there are some sickos out there who have inclinations to rape or hurt women, then maybe this doll could appease that savage hunger?

Of course, there is the counter argument that rape is not about sex it is about control. How fun would it be to dominate a lifeless doll that is already bent to your will? Besides, a mentally damaged individual may simply graduate from the doll the way sociopaths graduate from torturing animals.

That aside, I suppose what I found most disturbing was the amount of hatred and venom I saw from men who claimed that their only reason for getting a Real Doll was for companionship. Comments about how women were stuck up, useless, or had only used or hurt them seemed a very common theme. I even visited a site where some of the “iDollters” congregated where they were gleefully talking about not dealing with head case females or having to pay to go out with them (but they were willing to pay 6 grand for a doll--go figure).

"Hey, six grand is cheaper than alimony" one chimed in.

"Women will soon be replaced and they will get all jealous!" another said happily.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. And they claimed women were the ones who were messed up in the head!
"I feel the Real doll movement is an anti-female one."

I have been hurt in the past too but it never occurred to me to replace all men with some kind Male Replica that would do my bidding. I have and always will look at men as wonderful beings despite having my heart stomped on by a few who were not so nice. I also enjoy human interaction and have no need to control people or make them do what I want all the time.

I also think it speaks of the maturity of the much maligned ladies that, despite being hurt and stepped on themselves, that male Real Dolls are hardly made or sold. For all the wailing I hear of women who call men dogs and players, not once did I hear one say that they think replacing one with an android was a good idea.

To that end, one guy even tried to claim that the use of a real doll was similar to using a vibrator.

Not even close. When I purchase or use a vibrator, I am not doing it with the idea that I feel men are jerks--I do it to enhance pleasure.

On the flip end, some of these men have hatred for women that is so intense it boggles my mind. A hate so intense they would rather buy a doll then deal with their own inadequacies. Instead of trying to see why they weren’t picked up by women, they chose to run to a fake human being for solace. All this would be okay if they were simply using the doll in the way in which I use a vibrator--but I feel the Real doll movement is an anti-female one.

Now, if you are someone who has legitimate needs, say, you have been burned all over your body, are a shut in or have an illness that makes it hard to get around or even date, I can see why a love doll would come in handy.

But these bitter souls are pissed that women have the temerity to want to be treated with decency, love and respect. How dare she want me to acknowledge that she has needs or is alive? How dare she didn't just think I was the next best thing to slice bread and get naked cause I said hello.

On second thought, maybe a sex doll is good idea--if these guys are really this selfish and maladjusted it could be a great way to weed out the gene pool--Darwinism at its finest.

What really gets me are the men who say they wish to use these dolls to transition from one relationship to the next.

Does anyone else see how this may not be a good idea?

The period of time we take between break ups is to reflect on who we are, where we went wrong and to learn how to make better choices in the future. How can you do this when you are using a doll to mark the passage of time?

And then, you find a real life dream girl--a good woman who is independent, splits the check and pays her own way. She is of course human, so she is flawed just like her man. She will also have needs, so you won't be able to put her in a closet once you get done trying out 101 positions on her...
"Maybe a sex doll IS good idea - if these guys are really this selfish & maladjusted, it could be a great way to weed out the gene pool. Darwinism at its finest."

This woman will walk, talk, breath, have goals, and make you mad. She will also love you, listen to you hold you and take care of you when you are sick.

However, when you are used to getting your way can you ever go back to a give and take?

Women are not without flaw but neither are men--these guys especially. However, instead of trying to work on their faults or emotionally mature they stunt their growth with "female regalements".

Those who delude themselves into thinking they could ever return to a human female after having a companion that does whatever they want 100 percent of the time are in for a world of disappointment.
Gogus olculeri

But again, maybe the love doll is a blessing. If these men, who find women so vulgar and deplorable, who think the world has treated them unjustly because it didn’t cater to their every whim and do not have the gumption to see what it is about themselves that they need to change to be better people cannot find their way, then maybe a doll is the best remedy. It spares women from having to put up with their pathetic whining and leave the real men who can actually indulge in mature one-on-one with a live individual that cares and respects the feelings and needs of others.

Now, I have no problem with a man who legitimately wants to use the doll as a balm for loneliness, or is just a horn dog and doesn’t have time to chase chicks. I also see nothing wrong with a person who has physical or health issue using said doll.

But I resent men who try to trash all women because they themselves are shallow and inadequate and try to claim a lump if silicone trumps flesh and blood.

These are the ones who truly deserve the label of loser and pathetic and will never alter that perception no matter how many well thought out justifications they have to the contrary.

What Guys Said 25

• It's tool to satisfy the little head pest that distracts guys from work and true sentiments over their real gal & allows the big head to function and be nicer... it's true self

• What about the feminist who called men "walking dildos"? How is this different from women and their dildos? Some men use this strictly for pleasure, as women do with dildos. Some men are using it replace women, as some women do with dildos.

• Interesting article and comments too about the controversial world of love dolls.

• "Arfoo, the feminist movement was not anti-male but more about getting social equality (right to vote, rigth to work, changing ideals) whereas this doll seems to be an answer to frustration that may be caused by men themselves."

BS. One of the celebrated founders of the feminist movement stated that "women need men like fish need bicycles". Many aspects of the feminist movement is misandrist and degrading to men. If they were truly interested in equality- humanists not "FEM" INISTS.

• Lastly, I could understand that you would be upset by men bashing women. But why bring the sex toy into the equation? It would seem that they are not mutually inclusive. Not all men who own sex toys hate women. Do all women who own sex toys hate men?

It would have made more sense to comment only on men who bash women. The addition of the sex toy portion makes me think that someone has insecurity issues.

• That twist you put on it seems a little unfair. If, say half the men, only use it for sexual gratifaction then how is it different from your vibrator or someone who purchases a "realistic" dildo?

It is also interesting that you "resent men who try to bash all women" yet you manage to judge and bash these men in the above paragraph. Perhaps these men are just trying to avoid judgemental women such as yourself. What is the purpose of this commentary? We all know that you are better now?

• There's the financial aspect as well. Ex-wife, divorce, attorneys, alimony ... $150K. Sex doll ... $6K. Peace and quiet ... priceless!

• Kion52's comment was perfect... Women will never understand it because no matter how unattractive they are they will always be able to get sex. Some guys don't get it easily, and it can cause them to feel really lonely, frustrated and depressed... In extreme cases as you said they resort to rape... I think it would be much better to just stop judging these poor guys and allow them to use these dolls instead. Also legalizing prostitution could be a good idea...

• Omg. I ran across this thread and HAD to see what it was about. I thought the subject of people "creating intimacy with silicone" (lol) would be the shocker of the thread, but I was wrong. what is shocking is the attitude you put forth in your writing. you seem outraged and genuinely angry towards these people. it would seem that you are the one that hates MEN and finds them deplorable & vulgar. I'm not really scared of people who own dolls (thats stupid), but totally scared of you. WOW lady!!!

• Ive read that article and these guys did have a point about being in pain as I've been their. But I've found other outlets and wouldn't dream of doin it with a sex doll id feel so bad about myself if I did that. Instead I push myself harder to talk to girls so I don't end up that way. What got me about the article was that the guy making them is like making a killer on sales, and has his own philosophy about how to build them and keep them functional like a car or something.

• I think we've come to a point when dating has become obsolete. I've never come across a woman that's acted right. None that I want to be around but yet I'm not antisocial. I hang out with friends and work with the public. I feel like being with someone is more hassle than it's worth. Women seem to get possessive and are just plain rude to other woman and friends after awhile. They turn down sex more often as time moves on. Why not have something that's willing to pleasure you after a long day?

• I'm all for getting along! These dolls just seem like a final outlet for frustrated men. Make no mistake, I'd had my fair shrae of frustrations when it comes to women, but I've balanced those out with the good ones. These dolls represent pleasure without any intimacy. There is no substitute for caring and love the real flesh and blood, heart and soul of a breathing, living woman. Nuff said.

• I think you now understand what men feel about the feminism movement

• It seems a sad statement of the state of affairs between men and women. If all we care about these days is sex, who needs the woman any longer? It just seems to be the reaction of the whole "who needs a man?" attitude that is all to prevalent amongst many young women these days. Dysfunctional doesn't begin to describe the situation.

• Fantastic article. Very interesting. I knew dolls exist, and I guess it is only natural that those who use them would find a forum to congregate. I guess you have to expect anybody willing to purchase such a thing would either be extremely bitter many times over, a total introvert and social phobe, or a raging pervert.

• I don't see the attraction in these dolls--but it's funny you mentioned android. If someone could create a gynoid that was indistinguishable from a woman but without all the drama and head games, I might buy it. I think this speaks to the different way men and women feel about sex. Sex can be emotional for men, but it doesn't have to be.

This is why there are more hookers than gigolos.

• Awesome...

I think it is a bit sad the amount of fear and anger towards the opposite sex in the US.

• It's bad enough that people actually have relationships with life-sized dolls, but did you really need to write 1500 words about it?

• Old article, but I think your perspective is very considerate assuming that is how you really feel. Many women would think that a man using any sex toy from a realdoll to a fleshlight is a pathetic loser, there are even some who look down upon guys watching porn.

• This is why I am an advocate to legalized prostitution in all 50 states. They say such men are losers who can't get dates, do you honestly think they haven't been trying? We all know that once women decide a man is a "no-type", he's pretty much going to be stuck with dolls and sex workers. Men want real women, the problem is real women usually don't want men with these unrealistic "flaws" such as too short, etc. America needs to install legal prostitution in all 50 states.

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 18

• Its the ultimate woman as a toy.Which allows that to be perceived as true in the head of an adolescent male.Many of which are not mature enough to grasp what a relationship is.Not to exclude some grown men who don't either.Men would have issues if women were doing the same thing.The problems we create in our own world. Astounding. It never ceases to amaze.

• His 18th birthday. It would then suddenly be considered a 'healthy' part of one's 'normal' sexual development." It's quit sad really.If you unknowingly happened into a relationship with a guy that had one once he decide he was past the "Doll" but kept it.That alone would be enough for me to think there are some under lying issues and end the relationship at that.You are missing the human interaction.To call it call it a healthy relationship is wrong on so many levels.

• I stumbled across this article and ended up reading the one you linked as well as the comments you received.I find it quit odd that someone would try and say a doll is the same as "realistic" dildo.US culture has deemed it quite acceptable for a man to partake in such indiscretions.The fact that the linked article even says, "Technoguy speculates that if Real Dolls were cheap and accessible to Everyman, they would be championed: "then practically every guy in the USA would want and get one for

• Also--Punchy--where did say I felt all guys were that way? Reread my piece. My hubby is the best thing in the world and I have ton of male friends I love and admire. However, I feel the "bashers" with that much hate in them are deplorable and are losers--I was specific about a TYPE of doll user, not all. I doubt very seriously if some woman was saying she was buying a love doll cause men were all worthless idiots that you would think it was so innocent...did you even read my full article?

• Also--my article points out several times that I was specifically talking about woman bashers, not all doll users...read the whole thing, not just the parts you disagree with. Besides, the same men who are defending males bashing women who use the dolls, would not be so quick to defend if it was woman doing the same thing for the same reasons. The actions are deplorable on both sides which I state in this and other articles regarding women--don't be hypocrites.

• Also--my response came from the woman bashing--not the act of sleeping with a doll itself. If it had just been "I am lonely" or"It feels good" not a prob--but to say it is because women are all worthless and stupid--hey I am a chick--I will take offense...sorry...read to the end of my article where I specifically point out those types of men--not all doll users. Besides, if women were doing the same thing for the same reasons men would not be quick to support it.

• Shallah--if you read any of my other articles you will see that I know women are not innocent--many articles relate to many of the dumb things we do to men that are unfair. And I have a great marriage--I think men are hurting themselves by putting so much venom out there against women just because they choose to sleep with a doll.. Do what you want but don't turn it into a anti woman movement or yes, I will be personally offended.

• Those who wonder about my Anger--how do men feel when woman say "they do not need a man?" case closed.

I am angered hat people tend to place blame in situations where some fault could easily be put on themselves as well. This is about us trying to find a common ground--not running to dolls for solace.

and a vibrator is aphallic symbol--not a hoel human being.

• Lol.

I think any man worth his salt would not buy into this because there is no substitute for a real living breathing woman,good and bad points included.

Unless of corse like the guy mentioned they are unable to get a real girlfriend,hence why the people who own them are defensive about it.

Its a DOLL.lol,they will soon get bored of it.

Sorry I couldn't see the serious side of this x

• Arfoo, the feminist movement was not anti-male but more about getting social equality (right to vote, rigth to work, changing ideals) whereas this doll seems to be an answer to frustration that may be caused by men themselves.

If a woman said the same things these guys did--wouldn't you be calling them men haters?

Now current feminism (SEX IN THE CITY paradigam) is wrong yes--men are valued partners not tools for our amusement. Still, giving up on each other is not the answer...

• I am not like that--my husband has tremedous freedoms and we have a very happy and strong marriage--in fact--he was the one who pursued marriage not me!

Try looking for a different type of girl--not a high maintenance snooty one--or even a bisexual lover-- and perhaps you will find one more willing to compromise who understands your needs.

• Thanks Digital Saint--and we so do need each other--I love my brothers and my sistahs--why can't we all just get along? LOL

• Thanks guys for the comments

• I know--but I think it is a fall out from the sexual revolution--we are trying to define roles and there is so much aggression involved--maybe in time we will be able to remove unfair stigmas and treat one another with mutual respect love and courtesy...

• This reminds me a bit of "Lars and the real girl". The guy in that movie is mentally disturbed, and the doll is almost like an imaginary friend for him, until the doll "dies" and he starts a h ealthy relationship with a real woman. Some people just are so into themselves that they couldn't even love another being, how sad. Great and interesting article.

• You are a woman. You cannot understand why men can buy sex dolls... Do not juge the others and their suffering. Female have no problem to have sex. They have nothing to do...

• I think it's all the better that someone who would choose to have a "relationship" with an object is staying away from real people.

• wow! intersting article

Join the discussion

0/2500