• Ask
  • myTake

Why Do Girls Like Guys And Not Girls?

Why do girls like guys, and why do they not like girls?

The few paragraphs before the section with the questions are just precursors to the 4 questions I ask/talk about in here.

"Girls will give up a lot more looks - more than a guy will give up personality."

Looks and personality are both important to guys. Personality is a definite second though. It doesn’t even matter if the looks aren’t there first.

Looks and personality are both important to girls. Looks are a definite second though. They don’t even matter if the personality isn’t there first.

Important note: Girls will give up a lot more looks, than a guy will give up personality - making looks just a big plus, but not really necessary to girls. Mostly the guy just can’t be fat and ugly. You can see this by seeing hot girls with average looking, but cool guys all over the place.

I think guys wouldn’t use girls so much just for sex, if girls didn’t make things so complicated. Guys don’t know what girls want from them. Money? Muscles? Humor? Romance? Jerk? Every girl says she wants romance, but they all go after the jerks. So since guys don’t know what the heck girls want, they just get what they want – sex. Then sometimes they leave – why stick around? The girl doesn’t know what she wants and the guy already got what he wants.

Question #1 - Body

Girls sometimes say that the male body, when built with some nice toned muscle, can turn them on. This is not true though. Here's a couple reasons that prove girls don't get turned on by male bodies:

• When a guy sees a chick in a bikini, his initial thought is dang that's hot, and he's turned on. When a girl sees a decent-looking, shirtless guy, her initial thought is - why is his shirt off?

• George Clooney/Brad Pitt. Brad is younger, way better body, but Dot doesn't like him cause of his personality. George is older with an old man's body, but he's crazy hot.

By far, the best way to turn a girl on, is to either look into her eyes and compliment her, or gently stroke her whole body, or kiss her on the neck...basically make her feel sexy. (example: Lots of guys with average looks get hot girls. This is not rare, most guys have below-par bodies, but lots still end up with hot girls and get lovin.) So the only way they can be turning the girl on is by making her feel sexy/special/loved. Not by taking their shirt off in a sexy manner or anything.

How does this correlate to girls wanting guys?? You get horny by yourself being sexy, which makes you wanna have sex with a guy…that makes no sense. Seeing or feeling one thing makes you want something else completely different.
"The only way guys can be turning the girl on is by making her feel sexy/special/loved."

Let me tell you what it/s like for guys so you can see where I’m coming from: A guy sees a hot girl with cleavage and he gets horny and wants her. Do you see? The guy sees her and wants her. Guys can’t get turned on by seeing a cool car, having a good conversation or feeling sexy themselves. A guy needs a girl to have sex, in order to get a girl, she has to turn him on so he'll want to have sex with her.

She can’t do that by telling him he's hot, or rubbing his back, or making him feel special. Those things have nothing to do with sex.

Question #2 - Personality

Girls often say confidence, among other personality traits, turn them on. Can you just tell me how this is possible though? There are two reasons why isn't true or possible:

• Brad Pitt really complicates things and doesn't make sense. Brad is hot and confident, but some girls still don’t like him…so obviously neither of those things really do anything for girls.

• I don't see the correlation between getting turned on by personality and sex being such a physical act. Sex/sexy things are physical, so mental/emotional things can’t turn someone on. It’s like getting turned on by a car. As awesome and maybe sexy as a lambo is, it could never turn you on. Humans are a carnal/physical/lusty type of sexy; cars are just visual, and personalities are mental/emotional.

Question #3 - Girls

Almost every girl is at least bi-curious. Don't you think it's weird that girls can only get turned on if there's girls around (lesbians, straight couples, NOT guy-guy…)? They can get turned on by girl-girl action, by going to a strip club with their boyfriend or girlfriends, and almost all of them wonder what it would be like to kiss or have sex with a girl. Even if they claim they would never want to, they still at least wonder what its like (I really don't get this, because you ARE a girl, you KNOW what its like, but that's a different topic...)
"Can girls only connect in a loving, emotional way with guys?"
Everyone, including girls, also say that the female body is more beautiful and sexy to look at than the male body. This is obvious from the above paragraph, plus even girl’s magazines (eg. cosmo) are full of half-naked women.

So if the female body is so sexy, and seeing a girl strip, or two girls kiss can turn a girl on…what is it about the male body that is hot? It seems like nothing. Girls can get turned on by themselves and other girls, but when it comes to a guy, usually the only thing he can do is try to make her feel sexy. Which, as I’ve discussed, doesn’t make any sense.

How come more girls don’t end up becoming bi or lez? Is it really just the fact that girls can only connect in a loving, emotional way with guys?

Question #4 - Movies/jealousy

The only thing I know for sure turns girls on is love scenes in movies. I think maybe the main reason girls ever get turned on is jealousy. They see a girl making out with someone, so they want to. So because of jealousy, girls indirectly turn other girls on.

What Girls Said 29

• wow that's such a steropical thing nerly everything you mentioned is the opposite to me, for one yeah I'm bi and girls can turn me on but I don't get turned on by love scenes in movies certianly not jelousy and personly I don't like eithr brad pitt or george cause I don't find either attractive, guys can't turn me on by saying I'm speical in my head that's corny, confidence is sexy for me not a turn on, there's a differnce, I don't htink why is his shirt of I think dam I wanna f*** him, most of this is crap

• I know that I have asked myself, "Hey, why am I attracted to men instead of girls?" and I feel like the answer is always 'Because men have a more mysterious quality, I know how women think because well, I am one. Secondly, I want to be protected and held and the thought of a man wrapping his arms around me is more appealing than a woman doing so.'

I guess I really don't know why, Emberly has a point, no one really knows. In my opinion, a person is born with their sexual preference.

• There are so many things wrong with this question!

1 Many girls do like girls (like myself). Some of us also don't like guys.

2 Many girls do get turned on by guy-guy action, like myself.

3 Some girls don't get turned on by love scenes.

Short answer is, we don't know. Anyone who pretends to know is lying or stupid. I'm waiting for the scientists. So far, they say it's biological programming, both for heterosexual girls and lesbians.

• And so, to answer your question properly - girls like guys, not other girls, because although girls may be more attractive, we need someone to look after us more than we need someone hot.

Obviously in today's world, the protecting and providing is in a more social/career sense, and in that regard women can provide just as well as men. (Maybe why there are lots of bi/lesbian women.) But not too long ago it was quite different, and we're still all fairly instinctual creatures.

• In order to ensure the kid survives, women need a man who will look after them, provide for them and protect them. Looks don't really come into it. And as such, women get turned on by a man who is attracted/devoted to them - because that means he'll stick around and not just move on to impregnate the next girl. :P

Although we live in a radically different world than we started out in, and kids don't always come into it, a LOT of our behaviour is still programmed by these instincts.

• I think your answer lies a lot in biology and what we're instinctually programmed to look for in our mates:

Guys seek out women who can bear them lots and lots of children - so they want someone healthy. Good genetics. The best way to tell that is through looks - and as a result guys are very visual and at the sight of an attractive, healthy woman, they get turned on.

On the other hand, women don't require much outside imput to create a child, but then they have the matter of raising it.

• This is such a stupid article. Opposites attract. God made women and men different to attract, I am not saying gays/lesbians are wrong, they have their own benefits ofcourse like having similar thoughts, knowing what the other wants etc but just like a guy likes a girl, a girl likes a guy. And FYI, girls do not get turned on by seeing two girls kissing, that's guys. The female is definitely more sexy but girls are attracted to the opposite sex's body-men's. If you think 'bout it, d answer's smple.

• I had a very long comment on each of your points but the comment section is so limited in the number of words it will take too long to post it all I am sorry as I thought I had a lot of good point but it would take 10 or more posts to fit it into this small space so I decided to not post the rest and see no way to erase the one I did

• question 3 and 4 continued

Most women want men more than women because that is how they are wired. Sex is not at the top of their list of priorities but just a part of things whereas for men it is the key paramount and super important. It is not that women do not like sex ..it just is not their reason for living., I could go months and not think of sex but thew average man cannot go a day without thinking of it and doing something sexual. Your theory on jealousy is not on target I feel

• 80% of this is dead wrong. Well, at least it was entertaining to see someone say such ridiculous things. xD

• Question #1 Makes no sense. If a guy is toned I do think it's hot and all that jazz :P

Question #2 Why are you basing all of this stuff on Brad&George? Those are celebrities.. And we mean confidence like he's not afraid to say things to us that make us want him.

Question #3 Oh my god, so not true... I think two guys together is hot.. just as long as they aren't a big flabby mess.. Like abs are hot, pretty eyes are hot, bold shoulders are hot... :)

Question #4 Uhm.. No.

• Ha ha your last paragraph. We see a girl making out with someone, so we want too to..Because of jealousy we turn other girls on. Funny! but you are very very wrong sweetheart.....

• You have to understand that for many if not most women sex has a mental and emotional, not just physical aspect to it. If I don't feel the guy is there for me, that he cares, and that he has good qualities, I can't let myself go. I may fancy him (or rather fancy the idea of him having feelings for me), but I go cold. I find my current boyfriend physically attractive though, I love his body, and I have never had a crush on a guy or had sex with him just because of his good personality.

• Well every girl sees things differently.

Like me for example, I like both girls and guys but my friend isn't sure so I asked her out a while ago and she said she would totally be up with trying it. So we dated for like 2 months and one day she was like well I'm not sure if I'm all that into girls like I thought I would be.

So everyone has a different output. So some people are more open about it, where as others are more secretive. I just told my friends I was bi, and no one treated different

• I guess its just our biological programming, I know that I and a lot of my friends are always saying, why can't we just grow up to marry other women? it would work out so much better

• You've got a lot of things there that ring true. Girls always appreciate a good-looking guy though.

And I don't get turned on by seeing lesbian action. Romantic movies/sex scenes will, in fact, turn me on. You've got that part right on the money. And yes, if I see another girl makin out with a guy, I'll wanna be in her shoes.

We like men because we are biologically programmed to be attracted to the opposite sex so we can mate and have offspring. lol End of story.

• haha dude two hot guys making out turns me on :DD

also you can also get love and support from the same sex

but your right about guys being visual but they can also be emotional too ^_^

• Lol I love p*nis because men have differetn features obvioulsy... I like muscles.. muscles on girls are not so attractive toned is one thing body builder. nasty plus. like sweet 17 said if women weren't programmed ot be attracted to men how would there be offspring?

• Um I'm not attracted to guys so they can 'protect' me. I don't need protection. I'm attracted to hot guys because they're hot, and I don't care about 'successful'.

• You're wrong about saying girls can only get turned on if there's other girls around too. In fact, I LOVE gay p*rn. I watch it more than straight p*rn. There's nothing hotter than two guys together (if they're hot). Not everyone thinks the female body is more beautiful either. I can appreciate female beauty, but the male body is perfect to me. The firmness, muscles, strength, it's amazing. The female body is all soft with weird curves, what's attractive about that? I love men.

• More from Girls

What Guys Said 11

• This is so stereotypical

• Dont get into too much detail about how it works just ask yourself why do you like girls and focus on yourself this could be very self destructive :P

• DUDE what kind of question is this? Girls like people who appreciate them and give them the feeling that they are there for them. Also there's the idea of hormones it could just be because its natural? And with all due respect to women, ALL WOMEN LOVE SEX not all of them know it. What's better than a man and his natural tool? Either way you like girlsnot guys right? WHY NOT A GUY? HUH ASK URSELF. Get over girls on girls you, my friend have a lot to learn about females lol.

• And the reason the woman's sexual response is complex is that she's in the evolutionarily contradictory position of needing sex to get what's in her genes interest (children), but also not needing sex, in that she doesn't want all the resource burden of raising her own kids. So her sexual response centers around what's in her genes interest (money, caring guys, etc). Just like guys' sexual response centers around what's in their genes interest (looks, youth, carnal acts, lack of commitment).

• For guys and girls, it's all about reproduction. If you want to understand girls, just understand that they're programmed just like guys to be maximally selfish, in order to propagate their genes. What they want is money, physical protection, feeling 'safe', having a man of high status who is 'funny, witty, dresses well', for him to be monogamous, and to cheat on the side with other men who have good genes (but not let her mate know). Read the research, it's all about greed in both sexes.

• Yeah very good

• Well, almost all of human behavior and mental processes are acquired throughout the individual's life. My, and many domains', explanation for sexual orientation is directly linked to culture. There's a tribe of homosexuals in Africa. How to explain that? Because they think heterosexuality corrupts, they only allow it for reproduction. In our society, heterosexuality is what is considered normal. It really depends on enculturation. But hey, it's your article man, just stating what I think.

• Here's the scope with chicks.

It goes back to the question are you born gay?

well call Fox Mulder but here's what I know about chicks

that prove this fellow right.

When a girls in a relationship for the 1st time

The question is how does the chick handle the break up?

Some do very good and continue to date guys

While others are so tired with men

They have sex with women hence why single women with kids

Are more likely to be lesbians or bisexual

Just call it a theory

from their 1st relationship

• Your last theory seems true. That's why the same guys always get the girls and single guys can have such a hard time getting out of the rut of being single. No womans with him so women kind determines he's not worth it while women are known to flirt with married men. Personality is more important than you might think. I like modestly dressed girls that's why I have a thing for Muslim girls right now. If I like a girl for her personality she starts looking hotter.

• You generalize way too much for this to be true.

This has next to nothing to do with the world I know.

• You're really over-thinking this. Girls are attracted to 'hot' guys and/or successful because they're more likely to protect them (or at least, they appear to be so) than some skinny pale dude. :P (PS: I dear hope other people's appeal in being not so straight is over once the taboo factor passes, I don't think I could handle competing with other women for women. *_*)

Join the discussion