Do guys feel sleepy after they cum?

my boyfriend says he wants to sleep after he cums? I'm a bit disappointed when he says this because I get him to come and then he gets tired? any tips anyone? and guys is this true?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it's not universally true but it's certainly a strong tendency.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 11

• Completely true. Try to adapt.

• Yes this is true. Certain hormones are released during sex that make a man sleepy.

• Take a look at this link ( link ), particularly the 4th and 5th paragraph.

"Prolactin levels are naturally higher during sleep, and animals injected with the chemical become tired immediately. This suggests a strong link between prolactin and sleep, so it’s likely that the hormone’s release during orgasm causes men to feel sleepy."

• yeah usually after I come I feel rather tired and just wanna lay there and cuddle...like my energy has been taken outta me. but there have been quite a lot of times where after a few minutes and I'm ready for round two and sometimes three.

• It does happen. Depends on how much physical action is taken during intercourse though. But for some it could happen the other way around. I wouldn't read too much into it though, unless he like instantly stood up and put his pants on after he came. And that's only if he like instantly leaves the room too. If he lays back down it means he cares, but if he just leaves without a reason then there could be trouble.

More from Guys
6

What Girls Said 5

• i'd imagine if he were to be doing all or most of the work, it's only natural that he wants to sleep after. that plus the hormones released, would just give him a concussion.

• yep a chemical is relieved in the brain that makes them sleepy so its actually not something they could help.

• Why are you disappointed?

That is good. That means you pleased him good, and he just wants to relax and go to sleep.

• Yes they do and its normal. I wonder what makes you disappointed. Girls can get tired and feel sleepy too after a having multiple orgasms especially if I didn't have enough sleep. But to me usually sex or masturbation in the morning doesn't make me feel tired or sleepy it makes you feel clean and ready to take a shower and start your day.

• this is true! my boy always gets tired and I asked him why its because it takes the energy out of them and there is nothing you can do about it