I want to kiss my best friend of the opposite sex?

Its strange. After 2 previous relationships I was very close where every night we would text and ring for hours and until the moment where we end up dating / going out, but after the whole splitting up process I hardly talk to those so it kind of put me off wanting a relationship for awhile... I just wanted to keep good friends of the opposite sex. Anyway I have a girl-friend of the opposite sex and we're very close friends, the way we describe it to each other is I'm closer to her than I'm closer to my male best friend and she's closer to me than what she is to her female best friend...

I don't want a relationship with her but I so badly want to kiss her! She's really pretty, amazing, cute funny and beautiful on the inside and outside. And what about casual sex, where friends just have sex as friends aslong as there is trust and respect and both friends understand its to show love in their friendship and not to progress it into a relationship. What do you guys think? But my other question... of course I'm sure that a friendship with kissing and sex sounds weird so how would I try and ask her if she wanted this?